• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Interesting review. Sad to see that he had issues with his. Mine has been good so far, but I need to keep an eye on that back plate to see if it starts to loosen up at all. I'm at about 1800 rounds through mine and really like the thing though.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm a little over 1850 rounds, hasn't had a hiccup yet, not cleaned, and my favorite striker gun I've ever owned (out of the whopping 4 I've had). I tried to replicate the issue on mine and couldnt

ArisakaTiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Westfield
    Interesting insights. I’ve loved mine and have 2000+ rounds down range including a rather intense training class and never had an issue. Only thing that has ever caused pause is when firing some freedom munitions 165 gr hush and we had a failure to lock back on the last round. Fortunately for me my typical routine does include anything near as extreme as some of what was featured in the video.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was giving a serious thought about buying one but after watching the video I will pass.

A good friend and shooting buddy owns one. I have ran it. Not to bad for striker fired and I am zero fan of that platform. He put an aftermarket trigger in it and it has been reliable so far but still.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting insights. I’ve loved mine and have 2000+ rounds down range including a rather intense training class and never had an issue. Only thing that has ever caused pause is when firing some freedom munitions 165 gr hush and we had a failure to lock back on the last round. Fortunately for me my typical routine does include anything near as extreme as some of what was featured in the video.

Yeah I do not stick my guns in the mud.

ArisakaTiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Westfield
    Got to say, like the MAC YouTube gauntlet tests, I find them informative and insightful about the function of a particular pistol in adverse conditions. But to only have one pistol and to only replicate approximate conditions between “samples” as is pointed out in the MAC videos, is not scientific. I also have issues about reports from friends. Not necessarily doubting that it has happened but would like to see more reported instances or complaints about those failures.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm sure the new guy was really careful when tearing it down, stripping, and reassembling it before and after cerakote

yeah, seems strange to evaluate a gun that has non OEM work done on it (Cerakote, and as you stated the associated disassembly, etc and reassembly) and call it bad.

A completely OEM gun, then yes, evaluate it and call it out. Maybe subject 2 OEM factory pistols to the same conditions and tell us if both failed, etc.

I've got no dog in this fight, just seems strange to evaluate a pistol such as this that has had aftermarket work done to it (even if it is just a finish).

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    yeah, seems strange to evaluate a gun that has non OEM work done on it (Cerakote, and as you stated the associated disassembly, etc and reassembly) and call it bad.

A completely OEM gun, then yes, evaluate it and call it out. Maybe subject 2 OEM factory pistols to the same conditions and tell us if both failed, etc.

I've got no dog in this fight, just seems strange to evaluate a pistol such as this that has had aftermarket work done to it (even if it is just a finish).

To your point... Watch the NutNFancy Cerakote episode where he takes a perfectly functioning Glock G20 and turns it into Jam-O-Matic.

P.s. Just skip to the last few minutes to avoid 37 hours of rambling like most NutNFancy episodes.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

I would have to agree. If you are going to do a evaluation of a pistol, do it bone stock. I would have to give his T&E a complete :noway:.

vangurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2017
    Valparaiso
    Never had one issue with mine. A friend of mine has one and he’s got at least 2,000rds through it without one hiccup, not even a glitch whatsoever. Maybe it had something to do with his paint job:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would have to agree. If you are going to do a evaluation of a pistol, do it bone stock. I would have to give his T&E a complete :noway:.

When you coat a pistol there is some work you need to do. They will be problematic if you just throw them together and head out to run them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When you buy a pistol, the best thing to do is to run it bone stock for a bit to make sure the dang thing works. If you run out and disassemble, Cerakote and then run it with issues, who knows if it was right from the factory or if you screwed the pooch in assembly. Doing mods before running the gun to check operation makes any test afterwards questionable.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    When you buy a pistol, the best thing to do is to run it bone stock for a bit to make sure the dang thing works. If you run out and disassemble, Cerakote and then run it with issues, who knows if it was right from the factory or if you screwed the pooch in assembly. Doing mods before running the gun to check operation makes any test afterwards questionable.

Absolutely. Same philosophy with any carry gun as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When you coat a pistol there is some work you need to do. They will be problematic if you just throw them together and head out to run them.

Yep, I know from having Allen do a Glock slide for me (which he was kind enough to answer every question I had before doing it) that the firing pin channel liner should be removed and replaced, after, etc. Not sure on a P10 what may or may not need done, but it just seems counter intuitive to not evaluate the pistol in its standard OEM config first to isolate any variables.

Agreed, 100%, on pretty much any machine purchase.

Top Bottom