• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It looks like there are other models to come too. I picked this up off of the CZ forum and cross checked in the manual that came with my P10. There is a P10F and a P10S in the works. Here are the specs out of the owners manual:

TypeP10CP10CP10FP10FP10S
    Caliber9mm.40 S&W9mm.40 S&W9mm
    Length7.367.367.997.996.61
    Height5.175.175.95.94.57
    Width1.261.261.261.261.26
    Weight w/ empty mag (oz)26.826.829.129.125.6
    Barrel Length4.024.024.494.493.46
    Sight Radius6.426.427.007.005.98
    Mag Capacity15/1712/1419/2115/1712

Thanks for that, I am going to start saving now for the P-10S. It will be a nice addition for me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I finally got to hold one. My LGS got one of the FDEs in. One of the guys that works there is a serious Glock guy. He seems to think that internally it is almost an exact copy. I don't know anything about that. I liked the ergos, it felt pretty good in hand. I have to say I'm not really a polymer guy. I only own one right now and it is not a striker. I was disappointed that it was not slide in rail and not surprised that the sights left a lot to be desired. Although I really liked the reset the trigger itself wasn't anything to write home about. I guess I too am spoiled by Cajunized DA/SA magic.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If hes a Glock guy then I don't think he's torn one apart. It's way different that a Glock internally

It points better (to Me) than a Glock and it has 3 dot simple sights.

Not sure about the sight complaint

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got to run another 70 rounds through mine today. The thing just keeps getting better with every round. I was comparing it side by side to my P07 and while the P07 is more fun to shoot (it's fully cajunized), I shot the P10 a bit better. As long as I was focusing on the sight, they were the same, but when I tried to loosen up a bit an point shoot, the P10 had the edge.

BA, not sure what the Glock guy is thinking. They are the same internally in the same way that A CZ is the same as a Hi Power. In other words, not much the same inside. Glocks have a lot of stamped steel parts inside and the CZ is all milled. The function is different too. It's the same as a Glock in that it's striker fired. The mechanism and design is worlds apart.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I finally got to hold one. My LGS got one of the FDEs in. One of the guys that works there is a serious Glock guy. He seems to think that internally it is almost an exact copy. I don't know anything about that. I liked the ergos, it felt pretty good in hand. I have to say I'm not really a polymer guy. I only own one right now and it is not a striker. I was disappointed that it was not slide in rail and not surprised that the sights left a lot to be desired. Although I really liked the reset the trigger itself wasn't anything to write home about. I guess I too am spoiled by Cajunized DA/SA magic.

There is a thread going right now that discusses gun shop BS. Your LGS story would make a fine addition.

A Glock is exactly like a P10c nowhere at all except that the both have strikers.

Differences from the top:
    • Glock has plastic sights, Cz has metal 3-dot sights.
    • Glock has a blockish slide, CZ has a slide milled to reduce mass from the top and front to minimize muzzle rise.
    • Glock has a mushy trigger feel, CZ has a light, crisp trigger with a super short reset.
    • Trigger mechanicals are as different as can be... Look up the diagrams.
    • Glock's barrel is still not fully supported, which can be seen in bulged brass, CZ's barrel is fully supported.
    • Glock has their propriety grip angle, CZ has a more ergonomic grip that has the more vertical standard grip angle used in most every other modern firearm.

There are many subtle differences yet unlisted, but you get the idea.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The grip angle is where I think CZ really got it right. I've been comparing my Glock 23 to my P10C and it's interesting. The Glock has a higher beavertail area, but then has to angle the grip back to keep the trigger finger from being too far above the trigger. CZ could have gone just as high in the grip, but instead chose to go about 3/16ths of an inch lower, which still allows the trigger finger to reach the trigger without having to rotate the grip angle back, as Glock did. The result is that the CZ seems to point more naturally, while still retaining the high grip.

Top Bottom