• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    A recent thread about what gun would one get on the market today for around $400.00. Now, I do not usually carry service pistols on the street but because of training and Divisions in the shooting sports, I keep a few on hand. This latest review is about my third and latest CZ P10C.https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-usa-p-10-c-optics-ready/. I am not paid for these reviews nor do I get special free guns to try out. Back in the day Glock was the only lightweight polymer service pistol to get and we wrung more than a few dozen Model 17's and 19"s out playing with this new platform. We enjoyed the good parts and communicated with Glock about the bad parts. It took competition in the market to improve on the platform. This CZ P10C is just another one of those plastic copy cats with a few improvements.

Starting out, I believe the street price of the CZ is less money than a Model 19. This gun feels a little heftier in the hand and the grip angle is more in line with my 1911's. be aware though, speaking of the grip, the stippling is very pronounced and sharp. It leaves marks in my hand flesh. This is very good for getting a very good grip on this thing. While I found the action to be better than a Glock, it still is loaded with mush and creep. I was surprised that this new specimen, manufactured on October 25, 2023, had this tough of a trigger. My first two, seemed a little better than this.

After a range workout of about 300 rounds, things like the action are getting worn in and it is good for street carry now. However, since I do a lot of range work, it will be getting some skill set acquired improvements. I plan on using this piece for CCP/SSP Division in IDPA. With the whacky division rules of IDPA, getting a CCP gun that will hold a minimum of 10 rounds and still fit in the box is tough. The rules committee has stacked the odds against a Single Stack Commander or Officer model one may actually carry these days by making a 10 round capacity competitive. Go Figure. They don't want to hear my "Not alive after Five" position on this.

The mags are well built and hold 15 rounds with 2 two round extension baseplates and come flying out of the gun quickly and with force during a reload. This model is optic ready if I wanted to put some electronics on it. The iron sights are fabulous. They are rigid and tall and well marked. There will be no need to change these out. The slide machining is fantastic and this pistol is streamlined very nice. A super large trigger guard area and the trigger sits back closer to the frame with a very quick reset. This gun comes in a nice sturdy case in CZ fashion. I would however like to see manufacturers put the production date on the label. I doubt if they do as it would be harder to play the distributor/retail games with a date stamp. One may wonder why it is important. The manufacturer makes engineering and production changes all the time with these guns. It would be nice to know which one you are actually getting. Anyone listening?

In the box are two additional grip backstraps. It comes with the small and a medium and large is included. Conventional rifling is nice to see and this gun eats lead or jacketed ammo very easily and accurately. The LCI is built into the extractor if one needs one. I was glad to see that CZ did not mill in a visual window in the top of the barrel hood. This is a stupid idea for a Optic Ready Pistol. Every time you fire a round the front glass of your optic gets sprayed with carbon, smoke, lubricant and other crap. What goes on in those R & D meeting? Makes one wonder if they are shooters or wannabees.

So, if one is on a limited budget and wants to get a good work horse of a gun, this will do the job. From an EDC to playing the shooting sports or training to become a better shooter, this will do the job.

See You on the range

Trapper IMG_2274 (002).jpg
    IMG_2246 (002).jpg
    IMG_2269 (002).jpg IMG_2270 (002).jpg
    IMG_2272 (002).jpg
    IMG_2300 (002).jpg IMG_2265 (002).JPG
    IMG_2273 (002).jpg
    IMG_2303 (002).jpg

IMG_2304 (002).jpg

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    Nice write up trapper. I am kinda of a CZ nut. I actually like the p10c ergos,grip,sights & trigger. I shot the g19 vs. CZ p10c side by side. It was clear that p10c was more accurate than g19. I thought it was a fluke, so I had a random guy shoot both guns to see if he would shoot g19 better vs. P10c. He shot p10c better. There's no doubt p10c is a great gun for the price.

Top Bottom