Cz trigger pull data of 14 CZ’s. Interesting results. Discuss!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    qgut37Qh.jpg

Tactical Sport Orange with the CZC aluminum trigger installed with polished internals (~3,000 roundsthrough the gun roughly). This was the consistent average of 10.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I agree that if you polish & fire around 1000-1500 rounds with the stock set up it will smooth out but will retain all the stock geometry, heavier DA, SA, long take up, pull through & reset. In my experience working on the CZ platform "over 200" if you only polish the internals you will see up to 8-10 ounce reduction of a stock SA 5 1/2 lbs. DA 9-10 lbs. trigger break weight. You will only get the lighter weight breaks by polishing, reduction in spring weights and addition of the "Cajun sauce". The stock hammer has .040 pull through after hitting the wall. A Cajun hammer has a .009 pull through and much improved geometry. Add a highly polished adjustable sear on manually safety guns only, the decocker uses the stock sear and I will polish those to remove the edgy gravel like pull through by using a ceramic stone for a 90 degree very slight break on the sear edge. I do this on all CZ's as it removes the edgy gravel pull you sometime will feel when pulling the trigger. Also replacing triggers, trigger return spring, removable trigger pin. On CZ's that you want the firing pin block Cajun has the improved grind & polished lifter arm and light weight lifter arm spring. On converting a SA/DA to SAO I eliminate the firing pin block safety system that consist of 2 springs, lifter arm and the FP block. It greatly reduces the take up to the wall and shortens reset. There is a reason that the Shadow's, Tactical Sport and all the upper CZ line do not have the FP block systems. Light weight break, short pull through, reset and overtravel for the competition shooter.
    I understand that some want a heavier break weight for a carry gun or all there CZ's and Cajun has a variety of mainsprings to suit their wants and needs plus giving your CZ a buttery smooth action .

This is like someone handing me sheet music for Mozart. I might be able to play it but I can't really make the music sound like you can.

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom