• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Don't know much about this rifle need to learn more. What do you guys think of this for squirrel hunting or just plunking need help before I buy.

Sonney

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Well, CZ rifles are great for the money. I haven't had on in .17, but I have had CZ .22's, 22 Magnums, .223's, 30-06's, and .308's. They were all great. I expect a .17 CZ would be the same story.

KS&E on Pendleton Pike had one for sale the other day. I can say, it is probably the best price in town.

The only thing I will say about them is, don't order one online if you care about the quality of the wood figuring. The wood on a CZ can vary greatly from one gun to another. I am a sucker for wood, so I like to pick my CZ rifles in person.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We have two 452s in .17 HMR and they are both proverbial "tack drivers". Easily under 1 MOA assuming calm conditions. I'm going to assume you're talking about the newer 455 and I think they may have the set trigger. Mine don't but I have installed Brooks trigger kits in them. The Yo Dave trigger is the same thing if you need it. Great guns!

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I have this

CZ-USA -> CZ 455 Varmint Evolution

it came with a 22LR barrel - I found the .17hmr barrel for sale and installed it

I have a nice Nikon scope on it and it is an amazing piece of iron.

I'm taking it along with some higher power items out to shoot dawgs in So Dakota this June

CZ is the most accurate gun I shoot.

BTW - don't you mean "452"..? They don't make a "552"

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Don't know much about this rifle need to learn more. What do you guys think of this for squirrel hunting or just plunking need help before I buy.

I don't own a CZ but a buddy of mine swears by them. I think he has a CZ in every caliber that they make and they are all tack drivers. He loves their .17HMR.

Top Bottom