• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    glad to see some love on here for the P-07... great piece that is often overlooked.
    When things aren't crazy-pandemic-election, they can be found for very affordable prices.

If you want magazine compatibility... I like the combo of a P-01 (or PCR) and a full size 75 - like the SP-01 Shadow. The big mags can be used in the smaller guns, much like a G17 mag in a G19.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I love my P-01 for carry, but I think my Glock 48 with shield arms mags has replaced it. Same size and capacity, but so much thinner and lighter.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I also love my Cajunized P-01 w/ TLR-7 for carry (and uspsa, bullseye...)

If you're a parts snob, skip the Omega. From what I've read they redesigned the lockwork to be cheaper, easier to make, convertible decocker/safety (and SA/DA to SAO???), but can't be improved as much as the non-omega. On the other hand I haven't read of any problems with them like "oh that junk omega system fails left and right".

I also have a Tanfoglio Mossad and IWI Jericho SAO police trade in. Roughly equivalent to pre-B or just barely B 80s models. Both are beautiful shooters but need sights and to be gone through and resprung before I'd carry them.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The Phantom is a solid choice for carrying once you work on the trigger. Polymer frame with a metal slide, so it is light, but full size and is a great shooter.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If I want a little bigger gun for CC, the Rami w/14 mag is my favorite & it has been "sweetened" up by the Wizard by the previous owner, so it is a prize possession.
    Really delighted to have it.

n4evdZV.jpg

N5f7EME.jpg

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    PCR &/or P-01 = both heavily modified by the Wizard.

If I'm feeling frisky I'll throw my 97B &/or my Shadow 2 in my holster.

Sometimes I run a 75 Pre-B SAO and call it good.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Alright, bought the omega and had the smith convert it to the da/sa-safety version.
    Have only put 2 mags through it so far.
    My hands aren't small, but have to shift my grip to reach the slide stop and mag release, and the safety needs to be extended before I think about carrying this thing.
    Plan to keep it and train a bit, but my initial impressions are.
    It sure is a chunk; Heavier and bulkier than my hi-power.
    Trigger not as nice as my 1911
    Ergonomics need some work.
    Came with night sights and the mags fall free, so there are some positives.

I wanted a modern all steel 9mm, but right now am thinking about having my hi-power reworked to carry instead, as it has none of the aforementioned shortcomings

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Alright, bought the omega and had the smith convert it to the da/sa-safety version.
    Have only put 2 mags through it so far.
    My hands aren't small, but have to shift my grip to reach the slide stop and mag release, and the safety needs to be extended before I think about carrying this thing.
    Plan to keep it and train a bit, but my initial impressions are.
    It sure is a chunk; Heavier and bulkier than my hi-power.
    Trigger not as nice as my 1911
    Ergonomics need some work.
    Came with night sights and the mags fall free, so there are some positives.

I wanted a modern all steel 9mm, but right now am thinking about having my hi-power reworked to carry instead, as it has none of the aforementioned shortcomings

The P-01 is meant to be a little heavier. There are polymer frame options. and the BHP is one of the most petit guns for it's size.
    I'm surprised you have trouble reaching the controls, it seemed easier for me than many other handguns I have or have shot. Well, everyone has different size/shape hands, what works for me might not be best for you.
    Comparing a da/sa to a 1911 trigger? really? especially stock. especially the Omega.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    Johnny C, last year I bought a P-01 because everyone said great things about CZs. It's reliable and well made, but I found 2 things I couldn't get used to:

1. Hook trigger. I prefer straight triggers, so this trigger isn't for me. Of course, that's easily replaced.
    2. The low bore axis, with the slide nestled into the frame, makes a lot of sense--except I can't find get used to holding it. So, while the size makes sense, I find that a Beretta 92 or Sig Sauer P229 gives me the grip I want--then again, these two guns are larger and more to carry. Tradeoffs, I suppose.

Enjoy that new CZ!

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I think the safety just needs to be bigger, but not the aircraft carrier safeties that seem to be the norm for retrofitting, the factory safety hits me right on the knuckle.
    It is mostly the slide release that needs to be longer and have a positive ledge instead of the stepped monstrosity.

Top Bottom