• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Any suggestions or opinions on magazines for a CZ75B? I see where I can buy factory ones from CZ 3 for $28. And I see Mec-Gar makes a few variations for it. Then there are the Pro-Mags. I've read many a post saying steer clear of them though on other guns.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah avoid promags if possible.

$28 for three is excellent! jump on it.

I bought a bunch of Mecgar 16 rounders from Midway on sale $17.95 each. I though that was a good deal because of the 9 I got, 4 work in my Pre B's, all work in my Transitionals, and B's.

But I'm going to look for your deal, too. Care to post a link in case I have trouble finding your deal?

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Yeah avoid promags if possible.

$28 for three is excellent! jump on it.

I bought a bunch of Mecgar 16 rounders from Midway on sale $17.95 each. I though that was a good deal because of the 9 I got, 4 work in my Pre B's, all work in my Transitionals, and B's.

But I'm going to look for your deal, too. Care to post a link in case I have trouble finding your deal?

Crap. I just went back and found that I read the price wrong. I was wondering why that sounded like such a sweet deal after looking at prices elsewhere. I shows the magazines and all the description info. Then I scrolled on down and saw the $28 price. But that is for some rubber bumpers for the magazines and not the magazines themselves. Sorry about that.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

I bought from Greg Cote. Then I bought from Greg Cote again, and again. The Mec-Gar are the best. I believe CZ has Mec-Gar make their mags for them, like so many others.

This is on Cote's site

Mec-Gar is proud to be the Original Equipment Manufacturer of magazines to most of the prominent firearm manufacturers for the last 40 years including AMT - Armscor - Astra - Beretta Bernadelli - FN Browning - BUL - Charles Daly - Colt - CZ - IMI - Kel-Tec - Kimber - Llama - North American Arms - Remington - Sigarms - Smith & Wesson - Springfield Armory - STI - Standard Arms - Star - Steyr - Tanfoglio - Taurus - Walther.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    With the Mec-Gar's I see 16 round flush, 17 round flush and 19 round extended. Are there any issues with the 17 round flush magazines? I've seen other makes for other guns that cram an extra round in and users complain about them not working right.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    With the Mec-Gar's I see 16 round flush, 17 round flush and 19 round extended. Are there any issues with the 17 round flush magazines? I've seen other makes for other guns that cram an extra round in and users complain about them not working right.

The 17s I have had have all worked fine. But, when the 16s are $20 and change I don't want to pay that much extra for one more round.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The 17s I have had have all worked fine.

:+1:

I should note that I almost never load past 10 though. If you run them full I do not know if this will expose a weakness.
    Lots of drops in the dirt & rock during matches or on the floor during reload practice, probably some of them have been stepped on a time or two.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Does the 17 round Mec-Gar magazine come with the plastic base plate? It looks like it does in the pics.

And thanks for all the advice and for recommending that Greg Cote site to me. The prices are generally really good on there. And I love the flat rate shipping fee. A lot of sites seem to make money on "shipping".

Top Bottom