• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I like the decocker model myself but don't have a problem with the standard safety. In this case I would probably go with the tactical model because I really like the two tone finish.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It really depends on how you like to carry. If you prefer cocked and locked carry, then get the CZ 75B. If you want to carry with the hammer down then the CZ 75BD might make you happier. You can carry the 75B with the hammer down, but you have to manually lower it on a loaded chamber which freaks some folks out. I carry my CZ 75B Compact with the hammer down now days and have grown used to lowering the hammer on a loaded chamber but, if I had my choice now, I'd probably just go with a BD instead.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    The 75B is meant to carry cocked and locked and that is how I carry mine. Base your choice on how you will carry.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you ever want to modify it or tune up the trigger, stay away from the 75BD. The mechanism is much more complex and shouldn't be disassembled.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    If you ever want to modify it or tune up the trigger, stay away from the 75BD. The mechanism is much more complex and shouldn't be disassembled.

Yes. The single action on the BD also has creep for lack of a better word. The hammer actually cams back as you pull the trigger for a short distance.

Go with the B.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I have both. I prefer to carry the CZ75-BD because I like the fact that it is ready when it is needed. The double action is long enough to serve as a safety, without the inconvenience of an actual safety. Call me crazy but if I need it in an instant, I don't want to have to fiddle with the safety. Both of the guns I have shoot excellent!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have both. I prefer to carry the CZ75-BD because I like the fact that it is ready when it is needed. The double action is long enough to serve as a safety, without the inconvenience of an actual safety. Call me crazy but if I need it in an instant, I don't want to have to fiddle with the safety. Both of the guns I have shoot excellent!

Either model can be carried hammer down or at half cock. Having a safety doesn't mean you have to use it. If you "need it in an instant" either will work just fine. The B model, as has been stated previously, is much easier to modify later. Go with the B.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Either model can be carried hammer down or at half cock. Having a safety doesn't mean you have to use it. If you "need it in an instant" either will work just fine. The B model, as has been stated previously, is much easier to modify later. Go with the B.
    Granted...that is absolutely possible. However, there is an added chance that an accident could occur when lowering the b into the half cock position. I just prefer to take it out of the equation. Both are great guns.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Granted...that is absolutely possible. However, there is an added chance that an accident could occur when lowering the b into the half cock position. I just prefer to take it out of the equation. Both are great guns.

Two words: Sand barrel.

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

I couldn't agree more. If you are going to lower the hammer, why stop at the half-cock? Just lower the hammer all the way down. With the B model you can carry cocked and locked or hammer down. With the BD you don't have that luxury. Just my pennies though.

billybob44_Jr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Southern, IN/Louisvi
    Both would be great, but I think Dad is right (Maybe one day I'll have both :)). I have no problem with making sure the gun is safe to carry. I was just wondering how much of a difference the extra safety makes a difference. Thanks for all of your comments and advice! Keep them coming if you have any other comments.

Top Bottom