• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I have had both of my 1911's recently "rehabbed" by Dave Lauck of D&L Sports. Both are reliable, and shoot really well for me. The emphasis is on "heavy duty" items such as barrel bushings, thumb safeties, and ignition parts. I have never had a problem with either pistol. Lauck is not cheap, however, one must determine what one's life may be worth, and the lives of family and loved ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0149 (1).JPG
      IMG_0149 (1).JPG
      303.5 KB · Views: 11
    • OM.jpg
      OM.jpg
      101.7 KB · Views: 9

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I get my SLR from him later this month. I've been a fan ever since the guns and ammo cover ~10 years ago. I'd love to see one of his 1911's in person.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I have had mine for a long time, more than ten years. Two years ago, I sent the full size in for new night sights, ignition parts, new barrel and heavy duty bushing. It is bank vault solid. I carried it for about five years while working in our Drug Unit and Warrants Division.

The Officer's Model is my off-duty choice. It just had new night sights, sharkskin texturing on the frontstrap, and conversion from FLGR to dual recoil springs and heavy duty closed end recoil spring plug, along with a heavy duty thumb safety. I just shot it a few days ago with Hornady Critical Defense and 230 gr. ball. Lauck ran 100 rounds through the gun prior to returning it to me. No problems. The Officer's lets you know when it goes off, however, it is controllable. The sharkskin texturing is deceptive. When I first got the pistol home, I thought that would not necessarily provide adequate traction. Surprisingly for me it does. I recently replaced the plastic mainspring housing with an aluminum one, and he blended it into the frame and also re-hardchromed the frame. The Officer's also sports a newly installed Bar-Sto barrel.

I am completely satisfied with both of them. Lauck may be expensive, but in comparison to others, notably Mark Morris products he is cheap. You pay your money and take your choice.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Working with him is awesome too. He sends pictures, and is in constant communication, at least with my slr build he has been. I am not really into 1911's, so I've been talking to him about his professional model glock. It is all business no flash... and that trigger.... Once the bank account cools down after this SLR, I am thinking about getting my 34 Lauck'd. His work is expensive, but you are really stepping into a different realm.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Agreed. I'm not really a Glock guy, but if anyone can improve that standard issue spongy trigger action, he can.

Another wonderful thing about Dave. He is one of the best 1911 guys in the game, people wanted glock work so he stepped up and puts out one of the most impressive aftermarket plastic guns around, using his own designs and parts. He is an awarded and accomplished AR15 smith, guys want an AK and he put out a truly different and radically improved ak variant. His bolt guns are pretty gnarly as well. Not a lot of smiths out there have his experience, even less have a portfolio as diverse. And you still can call and talk to him.

Top Bottom