• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    Aside from Sigs and 1911 style pistols, who else makes DA/SA pistols?
    I've been shooting a recently acquired P229 in 40SW and I think I've fallen in love with it. :)
    Compared to my G23 and M&P40, it's night and day. The trigger on the Sig is so much nicer and it's allowing me to shoot much better patterns. :cool:

Funny thing is, my wife who's new to shooting likes the way the trigger on the Sig feels too.
    So I may end up replacing or adding more DA/SA pistols to the rotation.

Long story short, what options do I have out there?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ruger makes some very nice SA/DA pistols, as well. The quality is sound and the price is below $350.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    +
    I like the DA/SA for carry but for the range shooting targets it does't matter. I like the idea of it being de cocked with a round in the chamber , as opposed to cocked and on safe.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    And just to pollute the water - ParaOrdnance makes LDA - Light Double Action pistols that feel like a SA trigger after a super-crazy-light DA-length take-up.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Bersa offers some good examples...
    The 380 Thunder comes to mind as does the 45 Compact Thunder.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you like the Sig. I would look at the FNP. It feels a lot like a sig, but the control are in different locations. They come with three mags, and two back straps. They are polymer framed and are lighter in weight. I just sold my Sig 229, because it just did not fit me. CZ also makes a great pistol. You can get models with a decocker. Beretta's are nice and I own a 92FS, but they are a tad on the big side. Especially if you are going to carry IWB.

Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    Thanks for all the feedback gents. I've considered 1911s in the past and I know I will have one eventually, but I'm not sure how comfortable I can get carrying them cocked and locked. (I know...training...training...training... :) )
    Reason why I've been leaning to the DA/SA options is so I can leave one in the chamber and have the option to DA my first shot or cock the hammer for a SA shot.
    I also like the alloy frame of the Sig, particular when shooting 40SW since it seems like it soaks up more recoil than poly.
    I know it sounds like I'm totally sold on Sigs...which I am, but I'm always looking for options...especially those that are more concealable than the Sig 229 is.

badge036

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    I LOVE MY Heckler & Koch 45 Compact SA/DA Highly recomended and well worth the money. Have never had a single hickup with it. It eats anything you feed it!!

Top Bottom