• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Accidents happen. That's why they're called, "accidents".
    Safety rules were violated,(always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction) and tragedy occurred. This serves to prove, it really does "only take once", and also demonstrates the dangers of the lowly .22.

Every class I've taught has been warned about the dangers of hot brass.
    I made a point to point out that this is a very real possibility in most indoor ranges that have shooting stalls.

I never saw anyone point a gun in an unsafe direction due to hot brass. MANY other reasons, but not hot brass.

My heart goes out to the family and friends, and to the range workers and attendees that witnessed the event.
    None will ever forget.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We had a young mother in the family roll a mini van over her child. What a terrible thing, knowing that your child could be alive if you took a little extra care. Some people suggested suing the car maker. There was nothing wrong with the car, mom was distracted and did not do the right things. I feel sorry for the father, but respect him for telling the truth.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow what a story. It seems like a good family and a good man. I hope he continues to deal ok with it each day. I've got a lot of respect for him in how he's handling it, but it's so sad.

brogers261990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Flora
    What a tragic situation. I have to give respect to the dad to taking responsibility for his fault in this though. No one looking to shift blame there. What an awful situation though. Love, prayers and respect towards that man / family.

Top Bottom