Dad uses 1911 on laptop to punish child!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Being the parent of 2 girls and 1 boy, I get it. My girls are 24 and 16, my son will be 19 in just a couple of weeks. Once a girl reaches 13 they are and remain smart asses until they hit about 17. They know it all, and are not afraid to tell everyone. Although I do not completely agree with the way he handled it, I understand it. Kids today, mine included have no idea how easy they have it, at one point in my life I worked a full time job and 2 part-time jobs to make it, funny no-one ever told me about welfare or other govt. hand-outs. I got up and went to work, and worked for some real *******s as bosses at times too. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Not only did I have to work hard between school and a part time job but I walked up hill both ways going there.

No kids of my own but I have a niece that is now 21 and still knows everything about everything. Funny part is she says what she thinks is right but turns right around and does the exact opposite. When I try to explain the error of her ways she totally agrees with me and still does the wrong thing. Of course she always tells me the truth and never tells me what i want to hear.... LOL, yeah right!

All i can hope for her is that one day when she is old enough to look back she will say "dang, those older dumb adults in my family were right!"

Admittedly I too reached that age where looking back made me realize my mother and father were quite knowledgeable.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    The guy makes a point. I don't think I would have popped the PC. It would have been the girl's butt with a paddle but not the PC. I worked with a guy who demonstrated the importance of checking the oil on his rider to his son. The boy mowed the grass but locked up the mower due to not checking the oil. The dad's solution.........throw a rock through the windshield of the son's truck. Don't understand that. The kid was still in high school living at home. Your guess is as good as mine.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    My dad did something similar with my sister; several times in fact, (she was a slow learner.)

She had a cell phone curfew, and some other rules when she was 14 or 15ish. She kept ignoring them; he kept snapping her cell phones in half. She figured it out after the third one, (yes, she bought her own cell phones.)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I think it's funny ppl saying shame on him. I've had several smashed "toys" growing up. Teaches you to appreciate what you've got thats for sure.

Glad it was a 1911 :D

Top Bottom