Dad uses 1911 on laptop to punish child!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If your videos have enough hits, you may qualify to be a Youtube Partner and Youtube will share the ad revenue with you. I highly doubt this one video is making him any money directly off of YT. He may be making a few buck by doing interviews, but there's no way he's raking it in.

james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    This was really funny, however one of the CNN (Communist News Network) news shows decided to air it on tv and one of the anchors said well just look at the way he is dressed he doesn't know any better that is how they live down there. I was a little taken back by this statement, and the reporter realized at that moment what she just said and apologized for her remark.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    This was really funny, however one of the CNN (Communist News Network) news shows decided to air it on tv and one of the anchors said well just look at the way he is dressed he doesn't know any better that is how they live down there. I was a little taken back by this statement, and the reporter realized at that moment what she just said and apologized for her remark.

Yeah but that's ok because everybody knows that all southerners and gun owners are just stupid inbred hicks that dress like that guy.

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Great parent. My dad would have done the same if I had pulled a stunt like that. And you can bet I would have learned my lesson pretty dang quick.

Reading what she wrote is almost unbelievable. I wasn't the best son by my goodness, that's...I mean, what a pretentious little drama queen. There's a difference between venting anger and stuck-up entitlement and she had a lot of the latter bleeding through. Hopefully this knocked her down a few pegs and gave her a good dose of reality.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    If your videos have enough hits, you may qualify to be a Youtube Partner and Youtube will share the ad revenue with you. I highly doubt this one video is making him any money directly off of YT. He may be making a few buck by doing interviews, but there's no way he's raking it in.

I have a friend that used to make Political Spoof videos just for YouTube, to make money. Once you hit 1000 views, they share with you. The price used to be $2.50 per 1000 views. This guy is up to 25 million views now. If they still share like they did 5-6 years ago, this 25 million views would be a check for $62,500.00.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

If that's his best grouping at point blank range then he needs to work on sight alignment, sight picture!

Unless he was trying to hit it all over, then good shooting, carry on...

:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a friend that used to make Political Spoof videos just for YouTube, to make money. Once you hit 1000 views, they share with you. The price used to be $2.50 per 1000 views. This guy is up to 25 million views now. If they still share like they did 5-6 years ago, this 25 million views would be a check for $62,500.00.

http://www.youtube.com/t/partnerships_faq

Qualifications & FAQ

To become a YouTube Partner, you must meet these minimum requirements:

• You create original videos suitable for online streaming.
    • You own or have express permission to use and monetize all audio and video content that you upload—no exceptions.
    • You regularly upload videos that are viewed by thousands of YouTube users, or you publish popular or commercially successful videos in other ways (such as DVDs sold online).

One popular video generally won't qualify you, according to some of the things I've read, and supported by Youtube's own policy FAQ. It's POSSIBLE that he's being paid, but I wouldn't assume he was.

Owens47235

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Thats a great job on his part. Maybe he could have shown a little more safety by placing the laptop further away but hey, you cant blame the guy.

BigBlock502

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    LOL, that was awesome. I was hoping he was going to flip over the laptop so we could see the back. Or maybe open it up and watch all the keys and pieces fall out. Still a great video. And at 30 million views he's probably made his $130 back that he spent on the software and much more than that.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    a friend of mine does something similiar, he doesnt shoot it, but if a kid misbehaves and have been why not to do it that toy gets broke. When he is given the opportunity to get another toy he doesnt misbehave and gets to keep the toy

Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Saw this video on YT when it came out. I personally agree with the dad too many kids causing trouble today cause the parents are too soft on em. I like his choice of firearms for dealing the "death blow" to the laptop, but personally I would have set it up 150+ yards down range and used it for Mosin practice but that's just me:)

Top Bottom