• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Does anyone know of or is anyone part of a good daddy and me group? I have a 7 month old daughter and I need more adult time with like minded guys to offset the 10 hours of Disney we watch everyday.
    Not looking for a group that is centered on guys talking about sports unless it is 3 gun. I am in the Franklin area and would like to get to know some good people in the area so the daddy and me may become family and me. I am a man's man, spent 11 years as a butcher owning my own slaughterhouse and retail meat shop for the last 4 years before joning the Army in 2004. I was a sheriff's Deputy in Ottawa Co Michigan for a few years while I had my butcher shop there. When I came home I did some firearms training and did some instructing and became a Millwright. Once the baby was born we decided I would stay home with her because the wife is a traveling Hospice RN and loves her job. We are debt free except our house so that made it easy for us to lose my income.
    I love firearms, archery, hunting, fishing and so does my wife. We are good people and would give the shirts off our backs to help someone in need. I am loyal to a fault and I love kids...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    LOL, I just use INGO.

PS. If she's 7months you don't need the television on Disney. Or even on. (It's a horrible habit to start, btw. And I'm not even opposed to using the television as an occasional babysitter. But when that's all they want to do....oy. Much easier not to start than try to break the habit for a 3 and 6 year old. Boy do they whine a lot.) I watched regular programming until he was 18months or so.

If you're interested, I've got a couple of activity books, mostly geared towards toddlers (12mo to 2years), but they'll keep your days filled without using the telly. My youngest is 3 and we're doing "school" with his brother so I don't need them any more. Let me know if you're interested. I'm down in Franklin (the town, not township in Marion Co) on a semi-regular basis and could easily drop them off or meet you somewhere.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    When she turns two you'll watch 37 hours a day of Daniel Tiger and then you'll jump at the chance to be on pooper scooper duty in the yard. 88GT is right about not starting the habit early. It's easy to start on it if you have a crier, but you'll be better off in the long run if you resist. Our church, while not a big one, has lots of opportunities to break free from the house midweek. It's never too early to start 'em off doing museum tours and such. While off topic, talk to your baby like an adult and get an iphone (or an old ipod touch if money is tight) and download a bunch of the free learning apps. Both will serve to make her smarter than we were coming along at that age. My two year old is doing basic math and reading, I credit the iphone. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom