• ...and so much more!
  • based on the thread, you'd pick the

• Total voters

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Weight has nothing to do with conceal ability; grip length is #1...

For me, width is #1. I spot more concealed carry because of girth than grip length. Either way, the 19 & 26 are equally chunky. I'd rather carry a flat compact 1911 than either one of these. Asked to vote, mine goes toward the G19.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    26 with pinky extension is not the same size as a 19. Not to mention the barrel doesn't grow because of the extension on the mag.
    They are roughly/exactly the same size where it counts for concealability (depending on which extension you use), which is the grip length. As for the "barrel not growing", see below.

The barrel length is usually a moot point anyways.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Glock 26 would be obvious choice over g19 for concealed carry. I have both and use the g19 g4 for night stand, but i carry a shield 9mm. much easier to conceal.

Care to elaborate on this "obvious choice"? ...as that is the purpose of this thread, and the poll is going the other direction.

There is certainly more to choosing a carry gun than size.
    He wont be back tonight. That was his 50th post and is now scouring the classifieds.

I used to love carrying a G19. Then I got a G26. Though the G26 is slightly more concealable, the weight difference is very noticeable. As it turns out, I'm more accurate with the G26 as well, so a no-brainer for me (until my wife decided she liked it too. I now carry the G19 again)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I carry a g27 and love it. I have not shot a 19/23 size yet, it is on my list to shoot though. I have shot a g22 and am not as accurate with that as I am with my g27. I find I like the 2 finger grip on the g27, it may seem strange, but I have more control with the 27 than the larger pistols. That is what works best for me. Best advice is to find somebody with both and decide what's best for you.

Good Luck, Jon

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glock 26 would be obvious choice over g19 for concealed carry. I have both and use the g19 g4 for night stand, but i carry a shield 9mm. much easier to conceal.

I don't think so. I have both, as well as 27/23. The 26/27 is a tad more concealable with certain clothing and carrying using certain methods, but the 19/23 is not by any means difficult to conceal. Couple this with some people shoot one better than the other, and it is not an obvious choice.

Care to elaborate on this "obvious choice"? ...as that is the purpose of this thread, and the poll is going the other direction.

There is certainly more to choosing a carry gun than size.

Agreed. There is a lot more to even the actual carrying of it aspect than the size, and then you need to consider the actual use of the gun, which is to shoot it.

If I was going to only buy 1, it would be the 19 in this case. Obviously I didn't only buy 1 when I did it :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I voted G26. You can run a G26 with G19 mags but you cannot shrink a G19 to a G26 size without a bandsaw. Those extra bits of gun at either end do make a difference in CC.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I voted glock 19.I'm 5'4 and 150lbs and carry IWB a beretta M9 or Glock 17 without a issue. Id rather have a 19 but as long as you have a good belt and holster you are good to go.

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    My 19 went to the night stand after the 26 showed up. Prefer the smaller grip it helps correct some if my bad grip habits. If I can't get my pinky on the gun it can't pull my shot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The fact of the matter is simple. The G26 WILL conceal better. That's why they make it. The question is, can you perform with it?
    if so then G26 all the way. From someone who actually has both

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    I'm about that same size and I had a gen 3 26 that I almost always carried over my gen 4 19 but traded the 26 off a while ago. planning on getting a gen 4 26 here soon tho

Top Bottom