• ...and so much more!
  • zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yours is in better shape than mine :)

I need new motor mounts, need to fix the trunk that has a broken lock from where someone crowbar'ed it open... needs electrical issues fixed and who knows what else? Cosmetically though, looks good on the outside though! Could use a washing though... but heck, I don't care. :)

I mean... it's a $900 car. It runs and performs like you'd expect for $900... haha.

Mine only had 92k miles. It was in a flood, they wouldn't total it out. I got screwed. haha.

I still have parts for it that I haven't sold yet, haha.

They are good little cars, and not bad looking. Hopefully it keeps going for you!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My daily driver is a 1972 Chevy pick up. Not the black/white one, I just sold it , the green/green one in the background. 10mpg average. If I have to drive over 50 miles I have a 87 Chevy with a diesel, but I like driving the 72 better. View attachment 31189

Nice! That's the way to do it! I had a '72 loved that truck. Next year I plan to buy a 73-80 shorty step side for a daily. I like the 67-72 better, but we've got a '78 now and it's a better daily IMO. I like my 67-72s nice and shiny and my square bodies rough and ratty.

Currently stuck in a 2002 pontiac Grand Prix gt, 3.8 with 170,000 runs and drives perfect, I plan on being the last owner.

Jon

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Didn't really want to start a new post, so I'll revive this one. I picked up a new daily driver the other day. My 2011 Lancer had a suspension rattle, needed new brake calipers in the rear, and new tires. after some thought I decided to start looking around for a new ride as i new at 160,000 miles the Lancer was probably gong to start costing me in repair bills.

I settled on a 2014 Lexus IS 250 F Sport with 58,000 miles. It is completely stock and in immaculate condition. This thing is a blast, the 2.5L V6 has plenty of pep and rear wheel drive just makes everything better. The IS 350 (same car basically, but with a 3.5L V6) would have been more fun, but it would have gotten me in trouble I'm pretty sure.

62rtSOQ.jpg

9vLwJrv.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, blast from the past. I'll update my ride from the gray BMW I had in post #62 to my current silver 2008 BMW M3.

IRPaGjR.jpg

wuGNsji.jpg

I'd make a Beamer owner joke here, but I drive a Hyundai Elantra Touring that looks like a little station wagon. I love the little car, but I might rightly be held up to ridicule. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well this is not a rice rocket or a Challenger but fellas, this thing is a sweet heart.
    03 SLS loaded out with 66K on the clock. The larger NorthStar offering. Been kept up very well. Knew the original owner. Gave us a sweet deal and impossible to pass. CKW loves this thing.
    It should take us down the road a bit until I decide whats next.

OwPWsT4.jpg

This is replacing the red conversion van in front of it.
    eKo7LuE.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Nice ride CM! It looks like it spent most of it's 18 years in the garage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a sharp looking ride CM!

It is nothing that I would have ever considered shopping for. Ever. But in the reality this thing is seriously sporty. Not a rocket but it will move out smartly. Stops and turns. Rides smooth.
    It was my buddys dads car. He passed last December I think. He bought it new. It had just gotten tires/brakes and a full service before he took sick. Sat at least 6 months. I was helping get the estate ready and we went to get the car out of the garage where it had stayed since new. Had to put a new battery in it. Lit right up.
    They have so much to deal with I was going to sell it for them. Went to get it and he offered it to me at a price I would have been a fool not to take. So I did.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll get pics of mine up shortly. It is a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 4wd and topper that matches the pearl white paint job. 81K and runs well. Volant CAI, Jet MAF, Jet stage 2 chip, Jet throttle body spacer, Gale Banks cat back high flow exhaust. Heated / cooled leather seating and mirrors. The mirrors power fold too. Stock no highs / no lows Bose sound system. Back seat understorage locking steel gun cabinet. Weathertech floor mats front and back.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is nothing that I would have ever considered shopping for. Ever. But in the reality this thing is seriously sporty. Not a rocket but it will move out smartly. Stops and turns. Rides smooth.
    It was my buddys dads car. He passed last December I think. He bought it new. It had just gotten tires/brakes and a full service before he took sick. Sat at least 6 months. I was helping get the estate ready and we went to get the car out of the garage where it had stayed since new. Had to put a new battery in it. Lit right up.
    They have so much to deal with I was going to sell it for them. Went to get it and he offered it to me at a price I would have been a fool not to take. So I did.

My first car (1960 Olds 98 with just about every option available at the time) came from Dad's former boss. We got it in 1976 and it had been sitting in a garage for (I think) 5 years. Engine was locked up, but soaking the cylinders in diesel fuel freed it up. Only had like 30K miles on it at the time. Man I miss that car, even though Dad slapped an Earl Scheib paint job on it. :rolleyes: He was, shall we say... "frugal". :): I think the original paint was better (all white) than the 2-tone Scheib job (left the original paint on the roof and painted the rest a powder blue).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My first car (1960 Olds 98 with just about every option available at the time) came from Dad's former boss. We got it in 1976 and it had been sitting in a garage for (I think) 5 years. Engine was locked up, but soaking the cylinders in diesel fuel freed it up. Only had like 30K miles on it at the time. Man I miss that car, even though Dad slapped an Earl Scheib paint job on it. :rolleyes: He was, shall we say... "frugal". :): I think the original paint was better (all white) than the 2-tone Scheib job (left the original paint on the roof and painted the rest a powder blue).

I had a 56 Chevy with that God awful lite green lemon aid looking color. Horrendous.

Took us a full weekend and a crap load of sand paper to get back down to the original paint. Primed over the original and shot it a dark Jade. All in the driveway. Lacquer paint was the :poop:. Another sanding party and buff outs......Bingo.

You could do that out on the farm.

Top Bottom