• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    That is a great response. Honestly. Thank you for discussion. But, we are now drifting into INGO no-no land. Her followers don't exactly view it as "her opinion". It becomes a problem when that opinion is used a form of government where the governed don't consent. Or, so they believe. And, lets not forget, a lot of this discussion could be headed off at the pass if some basic questions where answered. Its easy to say we doe what is best for our family. Is discipline with plumbing equipment the best for your family?

Are you a people as chattel adherent?

Are you asking me if I believe children are chattel? If so, no, of course not. That said, I generally agree with 88GT's assessment of what the government's role in relation to children (or anyone, for that matter) should be. If harm has been done to person or property, or if fraud has been committed, attempting to correct that is one of government's few legitimate roles. Preventing possible harm without due process should never be the purview of the government.

Sadly CPS organizations around the country have a history of far overstepping the bounds of harm. Are these isolated incidents? I don't know the statistical case load breakdown, but I pray that is the case. That said, any time any governmental organization, whether charged with protecting children or national defense, oversteps its bounds it needs to be corrected whether through being abolished or reformed, both of which should be on the table for any serious discussion.

Does that make me "chattel adherent"? I don't think so, but you're free to form your own opinion.

If you're asking if I adhere to your perception of Price or her "followers", your repeated travel down this line indicates to me that you're far too hung up on the influence of this individual, especially on such a diverse population as those who decide, for whatever reason, that their children would be better educated at home than in a more formal setting. Political parties under any banner march far more in lockstep in their philosophies across individual membership than homeschoolers ever will.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And, lets not forget, a lot of this discussion could be headed off at the pass if some basic questions where answered.

Well, ask 'em. You've been too busy putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting my opinion to be taken seriously when you claim that this could be a far less contentious discussion.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Well, ask 'em. You've been too busy putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting my opinion to be taken seriously when you claim that this could be a far less contentious discussion.

Why do you want to repeal the 19th amendment? Third time.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Another blow to the chattel crowd.

This poor child was denied food to such an extreme that her body went into shock and forgot how to walk. The child had be taught to crawl again. Eventually, she relearned how to walk. The judge invoked concentration camps in his ruling.

I can't believe this happened to the child. It's illegal.

Top Bottom