• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Glock Paradox: A gun so simple, any new user can shoot it. But, also, a gun that is absolutely unforgiving of getting the take down steps in the wrong order, which is a common new user mistake. There are a lot of folks in their grave due to the Glock Paradox.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    The Glock Paradox: A gun so simple, any new user can shoot it. But, also, a gun that is absolutely unforgiving of getting the take down steps in the wrong order, which is a common new user mistake. There are a lot of folks in their grave due to the Glock Paradox.

:dunno:
    People are stoopid......I do the SAME steps fer ALL semi's.....drop'a mag......clear the chamber......an' I'm still breath'n, an' I ain' kill't nobody.....'least not lately......

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    All to simple.

Solution,
    Checkin chambers and keeping your F'n finger off the trigger no "accidents" would happen.

I bet the guy there said
    I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEN , IT JUST , JUST WENT OFF !!!
    aaaaaaand then on to the forums and news it goes.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    "There are a lot of folks in their grave due to the Glock Paradox." No more of a paradox than a 1911 carried in condition 1? and field stripped later. THE POINT IS there is no perfect gun, all pistols having one in the chamber has its own procedures. The only question is are you smarter then the gun?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Anyone can make a mistake anytime. Glocks are less tolerant of mistakes than designs that don't require depressing the trigger to field strip them. Hence, Glocks are potentially more dangerous than certain other designs. These are indisputable facts. If safety features don't matter, why bother with them in the first place? Witness the new Sigs... can't rotate takedown lever until slide is locked back and mag is removed (in either order). This ensures the chamber will be clear. Trigger need not be depressed before rotating lever and removing slide. That's an example of a more refined, advanced, and potentially safe design than the Glock. No matter how many of us say "he was dumb, untrained, etc." the fact is this type of accident is potentially more likely when handling Glocks.

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    If people would just check to see if the chamber is clear then there would be no accidental shootings when cleaning a firearm. I drop the mag and check and make sure the round that is chambered is out.I look a few times before cleaning any gun,not just my Sig.
    I am not a fan of Glocks,but I think it's more user error then design.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The media will ensure all states - at a minimum - eventually require training for the priviledge of exercising our 2A right, because of that right there. Poor muzzle discipline. If you continue to flag it's only a matter of time. Who pays? We all do.
    Well, gun safety used to be taught in schools.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    @tbhausen....You say it is more likely with Glocks. Do you have any 'reliable stats' to back that up, which of course needs to take into account the popularity of all the guns involved, or are you just repeating someone else's word. I have read it the way you say it and I have read it differently. Just looking for conformation that's all...............Is the Glock Inherently Unsafe? | Human Events

Last edited:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Then there's poor muzzle discipline AND poor trigger discipline.

bad-muzzle-discipline-control-1967.jpg

Don't worry, it's a Benelli. It's probably jammed.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    I find it humorous to read another glock=unsafe thread. Just today I was at a hospital for a report involving someone who popped him/herself (ambiguity to assist anonymity) in the leg with a 1911 format. Even recited the safety rule and stated the thumb safety was on when this happened...

It can happen with any gun, from any manufacturer ladies and gents. Which is why Rules #1, #2 and #3 are soooooooo important. And warrant reminding ourselves of, lest we become complacent.

Say it with me:
    1) Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
    2) Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot
    3) Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire <-----This is the one recited in my presence

Follow these three and all should be well.

My familiarity with the 1911 has waned in the last several years, so a question for the gurus: Would a worn out sear allow the weapon to fire with no trigger play? With or without the thumb safety and/or grip safety engaged?

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Oh, ok. I read the post and scratched my head. After reading the article I see what you meant. Shot while unloading. Lol. I was sorta curious as to how someone gets shot by an unloaded gun. I guess I need to sell my Glock since they shoot people?

Heck, I managed to shoot myself in the foot with my 19, so instead of selling it I went out and bought a 30!

Top Bottom