• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for the clarification. The part bolded in your post I think is spot on, and I think that's a problem. There's nothing wrong with the president wanting people in his administration to share his vision, but there is absolutely something wrong if the president wants people to believe in a vision that is based on what he wants it to be rather than how it is. A good counselor will tell his boss the hard truths even if he doesn't like it. I don't think the president want a person like that in his administration. He wants his "truth" to be gospel, regardless of it's actual veracity. It's not a concept that has ever been foreign to heads of state.

A good counselor will "...tell his boss the hard truths..." without feeling the need to grandstand and publicly contradict him. It is still the truth even if the NYT and WaPo don't know about it. Where people like Coats and Tillerson and even Mattis get lost in the weeds is being unable to offer their advice and then acknowledge it is the President's call. The seem to need their advice to be heeded and acted upon, they want to make policy. Has Coats announced his job at MSNBC yet? He can probably have the seat beside Brennan

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A good counselor will "...tell his boss the hard truths..." without feeling the need to grandstand and publicly contradict him. It is still the truth even if the NYT and WaPo don't know about it. Where people like Coats and Tillerson and even Mattis get lost in the weeds is being unable to offer their advice and then acknowledge it is the President's call. The seem to need their advice to be heeded and acted upon, they want to make policy. Has Coats announced his job at MSNBC yet? He can probably have the seat beside Brennan

Who contradicts him. Is a person to be blamed for contradiction, when he makes a statement, and it's the president that states otherwise afterwards?
    And really don't understand how every time the President gives someone the pink slip, his supporters think that the person going out the door IS the problem. Is there some point when people might start to think "ya know, he can't seem to keep anybody, I wonder if he might be the problem?"

Top Bottom