• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Jim Tomes of the 2nd Amendment Patriots just sent this to their email list:

patriots@2ndamendmentpatriots.org show details 6:01 PM (1 hour ago)

With all this talk about former Indiana Senator Dan Coats(R) contemplating running against Sen. Evan Bayh it's worth remembering that Mr. Coats was happy to kiss up to President Clinton and vote for the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1993, also know as the "Assaualt Weapon Ban". He and Sen. Lugar (R) both voted for it.

Let none of us forget the past or we will repeat it.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org | The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    I've heard that Coats' backers are paying head hunters $2 a signature to get him on the ballot. He has to get 5,000 signatures in less than two weeks. I sure won't sign for him.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Coats didn't just vote for the Omnibus Crime Act of 1994 (which included the ban on so-called assault weapons, standard capacity magazines, etc.), but he was one of the two last minute swing votes that made it pass BY ONE VOTE.

The other was our "friend" Richard Lugar.

If either of them had done the right thing, it never would have been a reality.

Neither of them are capable of doing the right thing on a consistent basis.

Would Evan Bayh have voted for that same bill? Who knows. I just hope someone else runs in the (R) primary so we don't have to choose between Bayh and Coats.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Coats didn't just vote for the Omnibus Crime Act of 1994 (which included the ban on so-called assault weapons, standard capacity magazines, etc.), but he was one of the two last minute swing votes that made it pass BY ONE VOTE.

The other was our "friend" Richard Lugar.

This was a week after he had promised to vote against it. He claimed Dick Lugar convinced him he needed to vote for it. Neither is fit for the Senate.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This was a week after he had promised to vote against it. He claimed Dick Lugar convinced him he needed to vote for it. Neither is fit for the Senate.

Indeed.

It was 16 years ago, but the lasting effects of their betrayal of their Constituents and their oaths to uphold the US Constitution are still with us. You'd expect that kind of thing from a Democrat from California, but I had much higher expectations from Republicans in Indiana. Well, I did then. On the bright side, I learned a lesson from it and I won't forget it.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm just throwing this out there, but is anyone else tired of Greg Garrison's water-toting for this rino? He (Garrison) sounds more establishment than conservative these days. . .

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I'm just throwing this out there, but is anyone else tired of Greg Garrison's water-toting for this rino? He (Garrison) sounds more establishment than conservative these days. . .

I caught a snippet of it the other day, and I damn near turned off the radio. He was even making excuses for the AWB vote, saying "Well that was a long time ago, he may have changed his mind since then." I'm not sure what kind of kickback he received to endorse Coates, but you would think any forward looking conservative wouldn't want to have anything to do with the "Old Guard". Especially a professional lobbyist and resident of Virginia for the last 10 years.

I would like to see a political outsider and solid conservative like Don Bates get in there.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Neither (Coats nor Lugar) is fit to breathe the same air as any real American.

Fixed. Note that this is no threat, merely an observation and opinion. I would consider any action taken against either of their persons to be a despicable act.

Blessings,
    Bill

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    They're taking a poll at Frugal Hoosiers asking people whether Coats should run or not. Go over there and tell them what you think about the man voted yes on the so-called "assault weapons ban."

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I thought it was common knowledge that Republicans don't vote against 2A rights. Lugar and Coats must have been mugged and their votes counted.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

+1. Heard a lot of good things about Marlin. From his site on the 2nd Amendment:

"2nd Amendment

I have a consistent track record of firm support for gun owners. I’m a member of the NRA with an A rating, and during my time in the Indiana legislature, I helped author and pass Indiana’s lifetime handgun permit. The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or sportsmen. Too many politicians and anti-gun interests have diluted the meaning of the 2nd Amendment down to merely something for those that enjoy the outdoors. It’s not. It’s a basic, untouchable right that the Founding Fathers revered so highly, they included it in the Bill of Rights. It’s one of our Constitutional guarantees as citizens of a free society, and in an unsafe world, it’s a guarantee to protect our families and our homes. Those that don’t share this view continually seek to erode our Constitutional rights. As your United States Senator I won’t waiver when I get to Washington. I’ll continue to be a firm and consistent defender of the 2nd amendment, and send a message to Washington that your rights aren’t up for discussion."

kwelz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Henryville
    We have some excellent choices for Senate this year. I am personally still torn between Marlin and John.

I think Coats' Voting record speaks for itself.

Top Bottom