• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. Neither: didn't do that much for me compared to my simple Shield 45
    2. Got to run, must research a multi-gun buy: will start thread asking for advice.

And that's why deciding what you are after/like before chasing prices helps narrow down things... Doesn't matter how good the price is on something you don't like unless you are just looking to flip.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    And that's why deciding what you are after/like before chasing prices helps narrow down things... Doesn't matter how good the price is on something you don't like unless you are just looking to flip.

1. I don't mind the flipping but it is convenient to shoot another's gun to make the decision and not go to the trouble (although I'd still buy a Ruger 1911 SS 5" Gov't. model for $500, just not $700, or even $600.
    2. I really really appreciate gmcttr stepping up and getting together with me: my idea of a good time! :thumbsup:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I had a great time as well and got to try out the 3 shields and his Neos .22.

We bought an hour of range time and extended it another 30 minutes which they declined to charge me for when I asked about it later.:)

The bad part came after doddg left and I was looking around the store. I had them get a CZ Shadow 2 out of the case and it felt a little too good in the hand. Now I'll be thinking about it for weeks. I don't need another pricey pistol but unfortunately need and want aren't the same thing.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    i think you need a Mouse intervention

I think he needs.....:facepalm:

But to each their own.

1. I have no idea of what you mean, but I can appreciate a good sarcastic remark as well as the next person even if I'm the punch line. :laugh:
    2. I know what an "intervention" is, and in this context, I can only assume: buy less or even stop buying altogether since I don't know what I'm doing.
    If so, my wife would agree. :dunno:
    3. And, if so, I am not regretting not buying any of the last 5 guns I have not bought,
    but I am very grateful for the ones I have bought lately,
    with the verdict still being out on the Charter Arms 9mm revolver I'm waiting to get back from them.
    4. I think next time I go to the range I'll get out my Henry lever-action 22LR and put all this handgun stuff aside (but I can't see the target down wind). :dunno:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    OMG. You rejected a 1911 for a Shield? I’m done reading your threads. Lol. Just kidding.

Ok. Now it’s time to get a CZ 75 in your hands. Think of it sort as as Eastern Europe’s 1911. Sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OMG. You rejected a 1911 for a Shield? I’m done reading your threads. Lol. Just kidding.

Ok. Now it’s time to get a CZ 75 in your hands. Think of it sort as as Eastern Europe’s 1911. Sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I have $280 in my $320 Shield 45 (b/c of ammo), so stepping up to a $1000 Dan Wesson isn't on my need or want list. Yet. I'm still young: only 9 months into this journey.
    2. I'll have to see about renting the CZ (didn't have in 45 though).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would say dan wesson is probably the your best bet for quality. However, i have never tried to sell one...

1. That is paramount to me: resale, b/c I'm so new at this who knows where my interests will lead, or how much money I will allow myself to keep tied up.
    2. I could sell nearly everything anytime if there was a need to do so b/c of money flow.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    1. That is paramount to me: resale, b/c I'm so new at this who knows where my interests will lead, or how much money I will allow myself to keep tied up.
    2. I could sell nearly everything anytime if there was a need to do so b/c of money flow.

*Unsolicited advice* but there are some things I wish I'd done a touch different as the "newbie" and watching guys start now I see them go a couple of different ways. I love to buy guns just like everyone else but if you are worried about getting in to guns you may not like I've got an alternative idea.
    If you get something decent and shoot the absolute **** out of it you'll probably have a pretty good idea where you want to go next. Even better yet go jump in a couple of training classes which you can do for the cost of a new pistol. You wouldn't need to get anything per say either since you've got the shields but a compact/full sized gun is always good. Anyhow, then you won't have to worry so much about resale, you'll know just what you want I think.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    *Unsolicited advice* but there are some things I wish I'd done a touch different as the "newbie" and watching guys start now I see them go a couple of different ways. I love to buy guns just like everyone else but if you are worried about getting in to guns you may not like I've got an alternative idea.
    If you get something decent and shoot the absolute **** out of it you'll probably have a pretty good idea where you want to go next. Even better yet go jump in a couple of training classes which you can do for the cost of a new pistol. You wouldn't need to get anything per say either since you've got the shields but a compact/full sized gun is always good. Anyhow, then you won't have to worry so much about resale, you'll know just what you want I think.

1. Sound advice! I have heard the "take classes" before and have that intention.
    2. I'm having so much fun buying and selling, but lately, I have not bought several guns that I was interested in.
    3. Unfortunately, I have bought others that I wanted and were unique in some way: either not had a particular gun or caliber.
    4. Example: Charter Arms 9mm revolver, Smith Airweight 22 magnum revolver, Taurus 22 magnum big frame revolver, Taurus Judge, Beretta Neos 22LR, Taurus PT22 stainless, and trying to acquire a Beretta Tomcat .32 stainless.
    5. Ready to sell or know I will eventually: Taurus Judge, Beretta Tomcat .32 x2 (if buy a stainless one), Taurus PT22 (if get stainless one back from Taurus), either the 9mm or 45acp Shield (might be slow for that one). I have a couple of others I should sell, but don't want to admit what they are. :lmfao:(Beretta .25 & NAA 22 magnu).
    6. I do have a Henry 22LR lever action that I bought to have just one rifle, but I can't see well enough to enjoy using it even at 50 yrds, even 35 yrds, actually.
    7. I'm sure I've forgotten one somewhere. :dunno: Oh, funny, I forgot my main CC: Smith 38 snubble. :wow: I think that indicates I have too many. :ugh:

Top Bottom