• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Any Dan Wesson Fans? I got a dan wesson commander classic a while back and am still in love with it. I'm a HUGE fan of it. It was my first 1911, so i havent had the experience of a Kimber or other high end but man i gotta say i'm seriously impressed.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've handled a CBOB and a VBOB, and I think they are very nice pistols. I don't have either one, but have considered adding an example to my 1911 stable.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    it was my first 1911, i have a glock 23 and 380 bodygaurd, i gotta say I almost feel bad shooting the dan wesson cuz its so nice, but its unlike any handgun i've fired. Smooth, great weight, loud, and the most accurate pistol i have ever fired. that just me though, i havent fired any other 1911's but the group i shot was insane for me. Plus, seeing the owners at my local gun shop drool over it really made me happy!!! hahaaa

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    You cant beat them for the price great fit and finish. IMO I wouldn't consider Kimber as high end. They are really overpriced for what you get.

willie53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Other than the looks, are the DW that much nicer shooting, than the SA, RIA 1911,s Mine are awfully nice shooters, but I've not shot or felt the high end 1911,s. May sound nieve, but, so just asking

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have a valor and has been very reliable with different ammos. How nice it shoots ? Depend on what you categorize as nice.depends on the load , springs installed. You can make a cheap 1911 shoot softly. Mainspring for a lighter pull
    My valor though has a clean crisp trigger break amd is accurate at 25 yards as the distance i tested.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    actually i just ordered a stainless vbob after handling a "duty finish" one and can't wait till i get it. sadly, according to my local dealer, i will be waiting anywhere from 3-6 months.

Top Bottom