• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I don't know much about Danner? I thought they were one of the military contrators for our troops. I will say that when I was in the Marines (80's and 90's) we were issued the basic black combat boot. Those things sucked as far as comfort goes and took a few weeks to break in. We would have the sole redone and use the the insole out of our tennis shoes to get a better fit.
    2 years ago I read few things about the new boots the Marines were using. I got on ebay and bought a new pair of BATES with Marine logo for 50 bucks. THE BEST PAIR OF BOOTS I HAVE EVER OWNED. Unbelievable comfort right out of the box, I have worn them almost everyday and 2 years later a little worn but they still rock. I am going to buy another pair soon. If you look hard enough on ebay you can find new with a minor blemish around 50 bucks. Keep in mind that they have different boots for different climates, the ones I have seem to be perfect for Indiana.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a pair of there winter boots. I got mine in july at gander mountain for 95 dollars(they where 179!). I work outside quite a bit,and they are some of the best boots I have ever owned.:twocents:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i like my danners pretty well they take awhile to break in

also i have a pair or cabelas kangaroo skin boots that are broke in the day you get them my only problem with them is im on my 3rd pair in 2 years im pretty hard on boots but not that hard the sole keeps comming off but the replacement is free so i just plan on sending them back and getting a new pair every 8 months or so

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I bought a pair this year on clearance from a local shop and I really like them a lot. From all I have read they should hold up well too.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Have 3 pair of Danners, black Acadia's, Desert Acadia's and brown Hood's. Got the black ones in 2002, and they are almost ready for a resole. They're like that Bunny, keep going and going.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    From their website:
    Today and Beyond
    Building on the same traditions and standards of quality instilled by the Danner family years ago, the Danner Shoe Mfg. Company continues to manufacture a complete line of Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Uniform, and Work Boots in their 30,000 square foot factory in Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
    Are all their boots still made in USA? I used to buy Red Wings, but any more finding US made Red Wings is just about impossible.

I bought a new pair of Wolverines about a year ago. I really like them, but every time I slip them on I see that big ol' "Made in China" right there on the tongue tag of each boot.

Engine03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Indy
    i Have danner hunting boots and love them. They hold up very well and my feet have never been cold or wet in them A+ for danners and mine all say made in the usa

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have the Danner Raptors.

I just got a pair of Raptors two weeks ago. I have only worn them one day, but they quickly felt comfortable. I know many of their boots can be recrafted. I also have a pair of USA made Red Wings which are almost worn out, but I wear them most of the time through water, mud, snow, brush, logs, rocks, and whatever else blocks my way.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have been wearing Danners since '83 both on and off duty.I have had my soles replaced 4 times now since I always buy the lace-to-toe models w/ Goretex but no insulation.I have the Vibram sun-burst treads on my current pair as I always pick up stray rocks with the Kletterlift design.

Bradley's military has them relatively cheap and they are USA models.Military danner boots for army navy industry from military supply store bradley's military

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I wear the Danner Striker 45 II GTX Uniform Boots every shift I work for the Tippecanoe Emergency Ambulance Service. They are super comfortable and waterproof. Best pair of boots I've ever had in my own opinion...

Top Bottom