• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chumley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Clayton
    Yes the openings are filled. I'd guess 35 or so people showed up for the 21 spots.
    I was lucky enough to get my number drawn.
    Looking forward to shooting somewhere 10 minutes from my house.

Falconpuch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NW Laf
    Please remember shooting is only 1 shot every 3 secs, I saw a guy there shooting his AR like he was at Parabellum >< We gotta keep that club safe!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been a member for a few years. Good little range for rifles with backstops at 20, 50, and 100 yds. Some extra rimfire backstops, too. OK for pistols. No real close backstops, no rapid fire, and drawing from a holster. So, good for target shooting, not SD training. I've rarely had an issue finding room on the shooting line.

Lots of rimfire competitions. Starting a youth program, too.

I use the lake routinely to fish with my daughter. Tons of smallmouth.

There is a nice clear area to set up targets for bow as well.

If you want to rapid fire, use close targets, or use steel, you'll need to look elsewhere.
    Didn't even know it was there, but I guess it doesn't matter, as it sounds like a Fudd club anyway!?

Falconpuch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NW Laf
    Fudd club, dollar to a dime it was serious!?

Well for $100 bucks a year and it's 1 mile from my house that I can shoot 100 yrds at so I'll take it. It's 3 secs per shot since its in the middle of town basically. I don't have to travel 40 mins away for another 100yrd range, fish spot and archery area. You can put kayaks and other swamp boats to.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Not my business, but why would they have a lottery instead of a waiting list? The lottery is fair, but the waiting list sorts out the buyers from the tire kickers.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Their pre-announced lottery process was this: If you wanted to be a member, you had to show up at the March meeting with your completed application form and a check for the first year dues plus initiation fee plus key card deposit. Once you presented the form and the money at the meeting, you were in the lottery. If you won the lottery, they processed your membership. If you did not win the lottery, they returned your form and check.

Assuming that they followed that process at the meeting, anyone who was in the lottery was probably more than a tire-kicker. The problem I see with waiting lists is that the list can be manipulated by unscrupulous people who might have access to the list. The lottery process seems fair to me.

Also note that DCC apparently does not open up the membership until March of each year. This gives existing members time to renew. If you haven't renewed by March, you give up your membership and your slot goes into the lottery.

Top Bottom