• ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Im about to make a switch from my primary CC glock 19 to a M&P9,:40oz:

anyone know where there is a Dark Earth M&P 9 around central Indiana.

Ive been cruising AR-15, AKfiles, Ingo,

Going to hit the shops this week, a little help would save me some time and gas.

Thanks guys

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    Cabelas has exclusive fde M&P 9mm. Smith does not make one currently. The VTAC is all fde with special sights. The only fde framed M&P smith is currently making is the .45

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Cabelas has exclusive fde M&P 9mm. Smith does not make one currently. The VTAC is all fde with special sights. The only fde framed M&P smith is currently making is the .45

Really? Because S&W still has this up on their website.

209921_01_md.jpg

I think I saw one at Gander Mountain, but that was before Christmas, so who knows if it is still there.

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    Yes sorry i wasnt clear i was thinking indyk was looking for the fde frame/black slide 9mm which is cabelas exclusive. The VTAC is completly fde and is currently produced and hard to find lately. I frequent most shops around Indy and havent seen one for several weeks.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have a S&W M&P 40 two tone, FDE/black grip insert. Cabelas sells it in 40S&W and 9MM, call their gun department at a local store and they will help you locate one. The two tone is a Cabelas exclusive sidearm.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    wow 690's

I found a guy in PA who tried to sell/trade me one
    This is the VTAC all dark earth tritium sights for my NEW glock plus 465.00:laugh:

see here
    Yes, I would consider your Glock 19 in trade along with $465 for the M&P VTAC 9mm

Jon Unruh

lets say i didnt grab that one,

I dont mind a 2 tone or one all in dark earth, but I cant find one thats new/used.

it looks like im going to have to find a black one.

With my trade in I should find one that has 50 or less rounds for a lot less than what ive been seeing new. or being offered.

see one lemme know.

Last edited by a moderator:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    wow 690's

I found a guy in PA who tried to sell/trade me one
    This is the VTAC all dark earth tritium sights for my NEW glock plus 465.00:laugh:

see here
    Yes, I would consider your Glock 19 in trade along with $465 for the M&P VTAC 9mm

Jon Unruh

lets say i didnt grab that one,

I dont mind a 2 tone or one all in dark earth, but I cant find one thats new/used.

it looks like im going to have to find a black one.

With my trade in I should find one that has 50 or less rounds for a lot less than what ive been seeing new. or being offered.

see one lemme know.

I removed his personal information and decided to do a search on him. I found this link that you might find interesting.
    Ripoff Report | Oak Hill Enterprises | Complaint Review: 813352

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I wish I could post a pic, but it won't let me. PM me a cel number and I can send you a pic of mine.

All you have to do is call a firearms desk, pay for it when you find it, they will charge you $25 in shipping to a FFL.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Bought mine at Gander in Castleton last year:

picture.php

How is the finish holding up? I've heard mixed results, and am hesitant to try to get one without knowing for sure. I don't want a safe queen, and your M&P looks like its in pretty good shape for being a year old

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    How is the finish holding up? I've heard mixed results, and am hesitant to try to get one without knowing for sure. I don't want a safe queen, and your M&P looks like its in pretty good shape for being a year old

Well, it looks good for good reason. I've only put maybe 400 rounds through it and it does most of its duty as a HD gun in a quick access safe. The only rubbing the finish gets is the foam in the safe it pulls free from. I don't have my ltch yet, so it's not a carry gun and has seen minimal holstering here at home from a kydex holster. After unholstering several times I did recognize what looked like a little bit of wear on the finish of the slide In certain rub areas.

I'll have to wait a few months more til ammo prices comes down to hit the range more and also have my ltch for daily carry before I can determine how much wear the finish actually takes. There's always cerakote or durakote.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Hhehe i forgot about this post, since the op i have decided to keep the g-19 and get a sential magwell/extension and have the polymer cerakoted in RAL 8000.
    Consider the thread closed on my end.

Top Bottom