Darn near had a seizure yesterday! Over my new dope.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    How is it that elected officials and their appointees end up millionaires. Lawyers and Lobbyists with hands out at every turn of the process.
    No term limits leads to corruption. It’s is so common place that honest individuals become victims of the system over time.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Have you tried metformin ER? You take once daily with a meal and it's known to have less GI affects (yet still possible). Dirt cheap generic options compared to these other newer meds your doc mentioned.

Maybe ask your physician if you'd be a candidate for a cheap generic sulfonylurea like glipizide. (glimepiride another option if <65 years old).

Best of luck!

Metformin ER is a Godsend. I couldn't hack standard Metformin for even a month.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I take the standard issue Metformin. Once in a great while I have a side effect from it but seldom.

I was told at the outset that I needed to be sure to eat enough carbs in order to avoid the GI issues.

I'm like "listen, the reason for all this in the first place is because I eat too damned many carbs". So thinning out on carbs to drop the weight and metformin didn't play nice. 1 month in and I was switched to the extended release. And I whole-heartedly recommend that to anyone else on Metformin. Granted, it's not "free" (I think standard Met is free at Walmart and maybe Meijer), but it's still pretty cheap. I take my dose before bed.

Top Bottom