• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UIndyKenneth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Kokomo, IN
    Did they guy not have a bullet in the chamber? It seemed like right when he first pointed the gun at the cops face there was a click but no round went off then he pulled it back in the van just long enough to where it seems he would have racked the slide. If that's the case, that cop should definitely be thankful that it was the case.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Good job by the officer but I sure wish he would have had his left hand holding the flash light and his right hand on his weapon. It would have helped, but it looks like he got the job done!

Did the bad guy die or get shot or what?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    cop was super lucky, thank God. I'm betting he won't be carrying his flashlight in his strong hand from now on.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    cop was super lucky, thank God. I'm betting he won't be carrying his flashlight in his strong hand from now on.

There are advantages to having that light in your strong hand. If you watch closely, you'll note that he used it to deflect the attack, then was able to move away, draw, and engage. If you stand there trying to draw your gun, you'll get shot.

Edit: the "click" you heard I don't think was the gun mis-firing, it was the light hitting the gun. If the cop had been just a weee bit luckier, he would have been able to knock the gun from the BG's hand, and not gotten shot at all.

Edit again: I see I was wrong about the "click." From the story :
    The click of the revolver’s hammer hitting a previously fired round was audible on the tape.

eirish2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good job by the officer but I sure wish he would have had his left hand holding the flash light and his right hand on his weapon. It would have helped, but it looks like he got the job done!

Coroner’s jury rules officer’s shooting of driver was justified

HAMILTON — A coroner’s jury ruled Tuesday that Hamilton Police Officer Ross Jessop was justified in shooting Raymond Thane Davis to death after the Hamilton man opened fire during a late night traffic stop in January.
    It took the six-woman jury one hour to make its ruling following nearly five hours of testimony, which included a videotape that showed Davis pointing a pistol inches from Jessop’s face and pulling the trigger.
    The click of the revolver’s hammer hitting a previously fired round was audible on the tape.
    Davis fired a second time as the officer fell back and drew his own weapon.
    Jessop fired his pistol 14 times into Davis’ vehicle as it sped away. One round hit the man in the back. Davis, 36, died on the scene.
    His .41 caliber revolver was recovered on the floorboard. Its hammer was cocked and ready to fire.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    BG died on the spot,probably before he hit the pole. You can tell by the video that once the officer starts firing the vehicle never seems to move from its original course. One round to the spine through two seat backs. The BG's first trigger pull was on a already fired case (Smart Guy) Officer was using a Glock 22 with Winchester 165 Gr. SXT Ranger LE # RA40TA

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN

I agree he should have had his left hand holding the flashlight. We all get complacent in our jobs, and I'm just glad his comfort didn't cost hime his life and he made out okay.

BTW: The bad guy did die by one round travel through the passenger seat through the driver's seat and into the guys back. The officer found him DOA. Round used .40 in a Glock 22.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom