Dashcam video of Fortville officer shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I could have done without the news commentary but watching the video is worth it. He stopped once before and stayed in the car, I bet the officer was thinking the same thing was about to happen. Reaction is ALWAYS slower than action. We are forced to be reactionary most of the time so we are usually at a disadvantage.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It appears they took the video down...or I'm too stupid to find it.

I read the story though & sheesh...not what one would expect when pulling over a white Volvo. I'm glad to hear that he's going to be physically OK. My prayers will be with him & his family.

I don't know if this was drug related, but it seems such shootings usually are...which really makes me question our unsuccessful war on drugs. IMO, it's not worth our officers' safety when they pull someone over to inform them their taillight is out & then get shot because the driver had 3 bags of weed in their car. Decriminalize drugs & most of the drug related violence would go away. Sad.

btownie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Monroe County
    That's scary stuff. One of my best friends is an LEO. Much respect for the job you guys do. I don't think I could do it.
    Thanks for sharing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    It appears they took the video down...or I'm too stupid to find it.

I read the story though & sheesh...not what one would expect when pulling over a white Volvo. I'm glad to hear that he's going to be physically OK. My prayers will be with him & his family.

I don't know if this was drug related, but it seems such shootings usually are...which really makes me question our unsuccessful war on drugs. IMO, it's not worth our officers' safety when they pull someone over to inform them their taillight is out & then get shot because the driver had 3 bags of weed in their car. Decriminalize drugs & most of the drug related violence would go away. Sad.

Man i wish i lived in your world where everything was so cut and dry and perfect. You really think legalizing pot will make these kinds of things stop... really?

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield

:noway::noway::noway::noway:

What?? Are you for real?? Thats the dumbest thing I've read in a LONG time. Some pothead sack of ***** is breaking the law and in possesion of an illegal substance, then breaks a another law, attempted MURDER. So he!!s bells, lets just make the first problem legal so as to prevent the second problem. :n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

Thats pretty much the same logic the anti's use....

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I think paco was trying to say that is the marijuana was legal he would have not had a reason to flee thus preventing the chase.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I dont think you understand that Pot is not the same as booze. there are reasons its illegal almost everywhere in the world but booze are allowed.

Lets get rid of speeding limits entirely so people no longer speed. :rolleyes:

KVPI2.gif

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Never mind the ILLEGAL weapons he had as a felon... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom