• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wife and I went out yesterday afternoon and evening for a long deserved date night.

First stop was to the range. Lisa hasn't been to the range for almost a year and she wanted to put some rounds down range with her P938, formerly mine until she pulled the trigger, the rest was history and she claimed the gun. She burned through four paper targets pretty fast with groups of seven or eight rounds just a bit larger than my fist at the center of the head, chest and groin areas. I really do feel sorry for any guy that she has to draw on, he won't reproduce when she is finished.

Anyways, I was finally able to break in the 9 Shield I received for Father's Day. Just gotta say, that is a smooth shooting gun. Groups of 7-8 smaller than my fist on the first three mags. As I shot it and got more, the more comfortable I was and of course the more accurate I was getting. Last mag I was able to punch the X out of the paper. I contribute that more to a luck shot than skill, but I will take it! After that I played with my baby. Loaded up the M&P40 Cabelas edition with Apex FSS and Trijicon night sights. The wife asked if the .40 could shoot accurate at 40ft in a rapid fire where you would gain your sight picture and squeeze. I loaded a mag and here is the result. Not my greatest grouping, but this is close to real world because I lined my sights back up every shot as if I were making sure I was only going to destroy what I was aiming at.

Cleaned up and went home to eat dinner with the kids and headed to the Three Rivers Festival. Not thinking we are going to take the kids this year. It was pretty rough and Lisa went to my weak side most of the night because she said she was uncomfortable. But she got her annual deep fried veggies and I got my funnel cake.

Fun night for the wife and I. She enjoyed the range and I had a good time too.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't see any range dates in my near future. The Mrs. just has no interest in it.:(
    My wife used to hate almost everything I liked, didn't make much sense to me. But with time she came around and now loves my Dirtymax and wants to go shooting more and more. With time she has come to like the simpler things in life. Not her fault, she was raised by a Liberal mother and grandmother.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sounds like a good evening. Me and mine hit Q'dobas Saturday on the way home and shot some squirrel hunting practice Sunday morning. I built up a new squirrel rifle for her over the winter. Kidd tapered s/s bbl and Kidd rcvr, Hogue ghillie green stock, trigger by me. Offhand the squirrels are pretty safe from her but if she can find a tree to lean on they are in trouble.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom