• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Avionics, network engineering, satcom, nukes, it's all good paying duty once you get out. Also a good place to get cop training if you want to be a cop when you get out. Earn your undergrad while in the ranks...Uncle Sam should cover it for you, you may have to buy a few books, but it beats a student loan. A lot of schools now offer undergrad degree studies online, via correspondence, etc.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I used to be a recruiter for the Army National Guard. I got burnt out, but I know the system. If you have any questions about it, pm me and Ill do what I can to help. There's upsides and downsides to everything. I'm glad I joined, but whatever she does, she needs to do it with her eyes open.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I spent four years in the Air Force 1981-1985. The point these members make about the AF being the most like civilian life is very correct. My advice is to find a college with an ROTC program and let Uncle Sam pay for her education. In return, she will owe him 4-6 years active service AS AN OFFICER! The career tracks offered to an officer are much more exciting and better paid. The civilian career offers that follow will also be much better. Also, in four years, perhaps the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will be over.

I'll second this response. I did it the hard way, paid for my own college, then joined the Navy as an Officer. I retire next month at 30 years (11 active, 19 reserve). During my active time, I did three different deployments and visited more than 20 countries. It would be rare that any of the other three services would offer the opportunity to see as much of the world as the Navy. My $.02.

Top Bottom