• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    My daughter filled her last two deer tags this morning. Shot these two does about 5 mins apart, sitting on the ground. The bigger one at about 55 yds. quarting towards and the smaller one head on at 25 yds. The head on shot doe ran about 50 yds. but was easy to find in the snow. The bigger one went about 10 feet and then spun on the ground for about 30 sec. This is the best year she has ever had , makes up for those years we got skunked. We have enough meat to gives some to family and friends. Thought I'd share.

Almost forgot ,this was on public land.

12-29-12-3.jpg

Last edited:

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Congrats to her! I love hunting with my son. Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to hunt!

kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Awesome! What make/model gun is her weapon of choice?

Dave

Rossi single shot rifle in .44 mag., Nikon Prostaff 2x7 scope, Winchester "white box" 240 gr. JSP. Haven't missed or lost a deer yet, shots from 25-85 yds. 8 deer in total.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Nothing better than to tag out with a double. After all the issies with the handirifle the wife wasnt able to get it do e this year but will get it this year bilding here a encore this time sick of the gun missing after her staying out there all day. Congrats deff a freezer filler

davebradley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Martinsville, IN
    Forgot to ask, how many years had she been hunting? My girls are pretty young and not ready to start shooting, butr I was thinking that 8 is a good age to start with the gun safety

Top Bottom