Daughter wants a Browning Hi-Power for graduation ~ Wife YELLED at me!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For her High School graduation gift my daughter told me she wants a Browning Hi Power with Mother of Pearl grips. She mentioned it a few times. I wasn't planning to buy it. She has other guns. Figured I buy her something, just not sure what.

So my wife asked if I bought our daughter a gift. I said no. She said what did she tell you she wanted??? I said a pistol....

She said well YOU BETTER HURRY UP AND GET IT YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You have an awesome wife and a really cool daughter. I just hope mine asks me for a pistol someday. Nice job Dad.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I assumed she was going to be upset about the pearl handles... you know what Patton said about those :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO purrrrrrrty!!

187668_01_browning_hi_power_fn_1987_9mm__640.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The big problem seems to be finding one. She wants it to be nickel plated, chrome plated, or stainless steel. Basically just not blue steel. So that complicated matters.

I can find blue and black guns, but very few stainless. A couple hard chrome (dull finish) and no polished nickle.

Bear in mind that she has earned a nice gun, she's got a 4.63 GPA out of a possible 4.0. Just went to the school awards ceremony and she was inducted into Quill & Scroll, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honors Society and National Jr Classic League. She is ranked in the top 3% of her class, has been accepted to several top national universities, captain of the saber fencing team, blah blah blah. So she is a smart kid, has worked very hard for the past 4 years, and has earned her place at/near the top. That said, my wife has asked me, about a half dozen times tonight, if I found our daughter a gun yet!!!

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    What you haven't gone shopping yet you had better get moving. it will be father and daughter time soon after grad.TIME TO SHOOT

Top Bottom