• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Although I'm not a Mustang fan in the least, I can't make fun of it. It's certainly nicer than what I drive! If it were me I'd be a little concerned about buying it for a teenager. However, you know your daughter better than anyone else here. If you think she can handle the responsibility then good for her. And good for you for raising her to be responsible.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Sad some people would resort to trash talking a teenage girls first car. Make sure to take her to an abandon parking lot to do victory donuts!

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Thanks for all the advise. She's more grown up than the average teenager but I'll still worry just like I did with my other 2. Haters gonna hate.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Very nice looking car. My girls are 11 and 13 right now so not much longer before I have to start thinking about something for them if they keep their grades up. Would I be a bad father if I was secretly hoping at least one of them does not?

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Great first car there dad! One of the best (and safest) cars you could have bought for her. Enough ponies to give her the power to get out of the way, very good fuel economy, lots of rubber to grip the road and superb handling make for a very predictable handling environment...another safety feature. All of that in a beautiful package that has to have her smiling ear to ear.

My wife and I bought both our son and daughter their first cars. Our son got (he picked it out) a 1980 Formula 400 Firebird (with a '69 X code 400 hp engine), all around disc brakes, TH400 tranny, F1 suspension, and new Z rated Gator-Backs on all four corners. Our daughter chose a 1992 Camaro Z28/RS with T-tops, 350 (305 hp) full disc brakes, TH350, and here again, Z rated Gator-Backs. Our reasoning? Lots of metal to surround them in, plenty of hp to get them OUT of trouble if needed, great handling (to compensate for the idiots on the road), and plenty of whoa power.

We taught them how to drive them in rain, snow, and what the cars where capable of...they knew their cars inside out and became one with them. They are still today very responsible kids, and excellent drivers that drive with their heads outside the cockpit. Neither of them has ever (knock on wood) been in an accident when they where driving (only one for our daughter and she was a passenger).

Again OP, great choice for her first car. She sounds like a great daughter and one to be proud of...now just get her out in a big empty parking lot and show her what that Mustang is capable of doing to and for her.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I bought both our son and daughter their first cars. Our son got (he picked it out) a 1980 Formula 400 Firebird (with a '69 X code 400 hp engine), all around disc brakes, TH400 tranny, F1 suspension, and new Z rated Gator-Backs on all four corners. Our daughter chose a 1992 Camaro Z28/RS with T-tops, 350 (305 hp) full disc brakes, TH350, and here again, Z rated Gator-Backs. Our reasoning? Lots of metal to surround them in, plenty of hp to get them OUT of trouble if needed, great handling (to compensate for the idiots on the road), and plenty of whoa power

I am completely :drool: over those F-bodies. I wish my parents would have bought me one! :D

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Saftey was a big thing plus the back seat is so small there shouldn't be much funny business going on back there. She's has to pay insurance and all upkeep. I'll donate labor for free. I know she will dent and scratch it but I felt she has earned it. My 1st was a 74 blazer that needed a tranny . We all want better for our kids.

As a guy who has owned four mustangs and getting his 5th next week, you would be surprised what you can do in those back seats.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    One of my (girl) friends first car was a convertible '91 Mercury Capri

I still have nightmares riding around in one of those. Hers was green and turbo charged, she had to drop the top then take me out to the west side... Worst ride of my life.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    That's a good first car.

Big, spacious inside, still has that "so fast, so quick" effect on younger kids when in reality, it 's just a V6 in a 4,000lb car. :rockwoot:

Good buy.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    leeme ramble here,

A great first car???

for a new teen driver???

Rear wheel drive, aww she will love how it handles in the winter with the ice, snow even a slight incline... she will LOVE it!!

Not to mention the Horse power that a new inexperienced driver does not need.
    I hope she doesnt handle that 4000+ lb car like a compact honda, I could see it now, a quick jerk to the left without her signal swinging the fast, overweight car into a spin.

She can also look foward to that car's gas guzzling capabilities.

I know she will make her friends chip in on the 50$ in gas when driving across town, not to mention the $$$ insurance on a Mustang, a new one at that.

But she will look good driving it.

Perhaps ya should have bought her a Subaru STI instead:dunno:

Nice buy though Im sure she is really happy and greatfull:patriot:
    Get good insurance, and pray she remains responsible and aware of other drivers and possibilities

Last edited:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    leeme ramble here,

A great first car???

for a new teen driver???

Rear wheel drive, aww she will love how it handles in the winter with the ice, snow even a slight incline... she will LOVE it!!

Not to mention the Horse power that she DOESNT need,
    I hope she doesnt handle that 4000+ lb car like a compact honda, I could see it now, a quick jerk to the left without her signal swinging the fast, overweight car into a spin.

She can also look foward to that car's gas guzzling capabilities.

I know she will make her friends chip in on the 50$ in gas when driving across town, not to mention the $$$ insurance on a Mustang, a new one at that.

But she will look cool driving it.

Perhaps ya should have bought her a Subaru STI instead:dunno:

Nice buy though Im sure she is really happy and greatfull:patriot:
    Get good insurance, and pray she remains responsible and aware of other drivers and possibilities
    Yep sounds like rambling to me lol.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom