DEA & ATF planned to read plates at gun shows??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nothing wrong with running plates. It's all public information, right? Agents of the state would never use this as an avenue to target their political enemies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Another day, another revelation of a massive secret government spying program. And the beat goes on with no one getting outraged.

I seriously wonder if there will ever be a tipping point with this stuff or if the general public truly doesn't care.

mwingeier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Most of the public doesn't care, they are too busy being entertained to bother with real life. Then there are those who just can't believe it would happen in America. Of course, the premise is flawed because of carpools, taxis, or buses... :D

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Another day, another revelation of a massive secret government spying program. And the beat goes on with no one getting outraged.

I seriously wonder if there will ever be a tipping point with this stuff or if the general public truly doesn't care.

General public doesn't truly care enough about a lot of things they disagree with and they're easily tricked into believing otherwise. If it was put to a vote, the 'general public' would be asked:

"Do you support the action of law enforcement collecting license plate information to determine what criminals are purchasing illegal guns?" (or something like that). They'll call it the, "Criminals with no guns and child safety act."

Indiana doesn't require front license plates, so I'd just back into my parking spot. I'd also turn my cellphone off because Indiana loves their Stringray fake cellphone tower crap and they've been seen in gun shows too.

But hey, think of the children! If you disagree with what they're doing then you're anti-American and hate children, and are probably a terrorist who wants all criminals to have guns!... (That should be in purple, if the sarcasm wasn't obvious)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    General public doesn't truly care enough about a lot of things they disagree with and they're easily tricked into believing otherwise. If it was put to a vote, the 'general public' would be asked:

"Do you support the action of law enforcement collecting license plate information to determine what criminals are purchasing illegal guns?" (or something like that). They'll call it the, "Criminals with no guns and child safety act."

Indiana doesn't require front license plates, so I'd just back into my parking spot. I'd also turn my cellphone off because Indiana loves their Stringray fake cellphone tower crap and they've been seen in gun shows too.

But hey, think of the children! If you disagree with what they're doing then you're anti-American and hate children, and are probably a terrorist who wants all criminals to have guns!... (That should be in purple, if the sarcasm wasn't obvious)

The police will counter with, "If you don't have anything to hide what are you afraid of?".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is not new, you guys know this, right?

License plate scanners is how they caught that gun mule that was working the Lafayette gun shows for BGD*.

*Looked it up, the defendant was David "Big Dave" Lewisbey. He was buying guns here in duffel bags and driving them back to Chicago. He got 17 years (do 85% in the BoP).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom