Dead Iranian General, Rides In A Chevy Truck...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    From my time in the middle east, admittedly not so recent:

Japanese pickup trucks are work vehicles used to haul goats, produce, jihadis, wives, small artillery.

Chevy 4wd Suburbans and Blazers were status vehicles.

Although the Chevy stepside shortbeds in red were popular farmer's vehicles too. But Suburbans were the luxury SUVs before luxury SUVs were an actual category.

judging by the light bar, I imagine it was a police truck over there dolled up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, but the light bar looks like they bought it from The Blue Brothers after filming was done, or maybe from sheriff Buford T Justice. WTaF?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    After seeing pics of what was left of the car, I wouldn't have thought there would have been enough left of him left for display

He was dead before his brain had time to register it. Lights out. He got off easy.

I heard his body also flew back coach class. Seriously they put their flag draped boxes on seats with other passengers.
    They had to wait a couple days because it was a non smoking flight

tenor.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've read recently that every car in Soleimani's little motorcade got the same treatment. Has anybody seen who else won't be joining us besides al-Muhandis?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I've read recently that every car in Soleimani's little motorcade got the same treatment. Has anybody seen who else won't be joining us besides al-Muhandis?

The list of all ten is in Wikipedia's article about the event. The "Brigade" rank given should read "Brigadier" which is the British title for a Brigadier General and is used in former British colonies. Five were Iranian officers from Major General Vermin down to a captain. The other five were Iraqi PMF without military rank. All were legitimate military targets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Baghdad_International_Airport_airstrike#Casualties

John

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The list of all ten is in Wikipedia's article about the event. The "Brigade" rank given should read "Brigadier" which is the British title for a Brigadier General and is used in former British colonies. Five were Iranian officers from Major General Vermin down to a captain. The other five were Iraqi PMF without military rank. All were legitimate military targets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Baghdad_International_Airport_airstrike#Casualties

John

Excellent cite. I would not have thought to look to the wiki for a take on such a topical subject

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Excellent cite. I would not have thought to look to the wiki for a take on such a topical subject
    Wikipedia typically has an article about every military operation of significance. They also have one about every major air crash or incident - referenced by the carrier name and flight number. There's one already there for the Ukrainian airliner under Ukrainian International Airlines Flight 752. They appear almost immediately - with the caveat up top that it's so new that it's likely to change and keep changing for a while.

John

Top Bottom