• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ^This is more in line with what I was trying to say. Having to kill in of itself is a life-changing event, and it will result in changes. Hopefully, the stress can be channeled into something positive.

Agreed. There are names for people who can kill other human beings without any remorse or emotional damage.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Whats the story with the picture...

Story = Appleseed KD shoot @ camp Atterbury a couple weeks ago. He's a rep for Wolf Ammo and brought the free ammo for us to shoot. To his left, the 3 rifleman shooters from sunday morning -> SmileDoc, me (in the black hat) & the high score for the morning Zack (holding the winning case of Wolf ammo).

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Agreed. There are names for people who can kill other human beings without any remorse or emotional damage.

Read the link to the article I posted, he may not have done as much killing as he claims. Others in his unit, though the say he served honorably, also say that his claims stretch credulity. He claims to have inflicted about 14% of enemy combat deaths in the entire theater and to have fired one-third of the total combat allotment of DU rounds split between 60 BFVs in one particular battle. This doesn't look pretty.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Read the link to the article I posted, he may not have done as much killing as he claims. Others in his unit, though the say he served honorably, also say that his claims stretch credulity. He claims to have inflicted about 14% of enemy combat deaths in the entire theater and to have fired one-third of the total combat allotment of DU rounds split between 60 BFVs in one particular battle. This doesn't look pretty.

Yes, I've seen it. I have no position on what he has or hasn't done, I'm not talking about him, specifically.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I think your onto something. I'd say his confirmed kill numbers are way too high.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Story = Appleseed KD shoot @ camp Atterbury a couple weeks ago. He's a rep for Wolf Ammo and brought the free ammo for us to shoot. To his left, the 3 rifleman shooters from sunday morning -> SmileDoc, me (in the black hat) & the high score for the morning Zack (holding the winning case of Wolf ammo).

I was one point away from free case of ammo! Truth be told, I lucked out to get the score I did.:D

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    IDK if he killed that many enemy or not, but many of the claims discounting his story clearly have not actually read it. Some of the numbers are taken out of context. No doubt there was some exaggeration. He WAS awarded a lot of medals for doing something though.... IME many people discount the feats of others simply because they are jealous, have never seen those feats performed, or weren't in a position to accomplish those feats themselves. Who knows. From his point of view the overall mortality of the enemy was being deliberately lowballed. Thus his number may be a much smaller percent of total enemy KIA than is being reported. Would that make his number more plausible? I'm not saying his numbers aren't exaggerated, I'm just saying that the people discounting his story have no real proof that he lied. Its all speculation.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Sounds like his kill count may not be the only thing brought into question. Some pretty strong quotes against him.

Soldier's 2700 Kills Called Into Question - Business Insider

He did get a chance to explain why the numbers are not jiving with the Military's account in this article. This does read like an honest explanation and less like a business doing damage control but what do I know.

America's deadliest soldier? Dillard Johnson says he never made that claim. - CSMonitor.com

Both links are from last June, it sounds like the writers are the ones that went out and made some stuff up that he may not of known about. I saw him making some of those corrections on FOX. The first link just sounds like a guy that doesn't like him and rather have people believe him, and not buy the book to find out for themselves...just what I thought. I remember a interview where he said he didn't make all those kills by himself,....guess one would have to read the book and see what he says, and or what the writers say.........The last link said he ws going to read the book and compare notes from his interview with him......I would like to see his follow up on that.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    why do you keep count?
    I know two people who kept a personal body count. One said it was so he could be a better christian afterwards, "I have X reasons to go to hell so keep doing good things now" kind of idea. The other guy asked that i not share the details of his but he only counted one person, he admitted he killed many more but the one person was all he counted.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    No matter what the case may be as far as numbers one thing is certain, the guy has been there and done that and it sounds like he took care of business. With any group of soldiers there are always those few that rise to the occasion and take care if business. It sounds like our guy was a killer and there is nothing to not like about that. I would love to meet the guy

ones

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    No matter what the case may be as far as numbers one thing is certain, the guy has been there and done that and it sounds like he took care of business. With any group of soldiers there are always those few that rise to the occasion and take care if business. It sounds like our guy was a killer and there is nothing to not like about that. I would love to meet the guy

ones

I've met him and can almost even call it hanging out with him for a couple days at the Appleseed shoot. Great guy all around fro all indicators I observed. I hope he is wildly successful in every venture he has for the rest of his life. He deserves a great life for the sacrifices he's made.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I think in any high profile type situation like this one there will always be people crying foul for whatever reason. They did it on Chris Kyle. They did it with lone survivor. Not sure why this happens unless it is just pure jealously. To make it even worse some of the folks making the comments where not there due to their being the internet commandos. And internet commando's are every where.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    He's full of ****.

Have you met him? I have but I have not read the book. He spoke of using the M4 most of the time in a DMR type of role. He never mentioned being a sniper that I can recal. I'd believe him on the # of kills using that gun. He's already said the high Bradley kill # are due to his crew and other Bradley's around him.

After hearing this, what part do you not believe?

Top Bottom