• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My 16 yr old son and I laughed our asses off. The smart assary was strong throughout the movie, from the opening credits where it says written by "some asshat" to the ending credits where they listed people to thank (with tongue).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I had to laugh at one family in line at the concession, they had 3 daughters all under the age of 12, going to see deadpool. I knew relatively little about the movie but they got up and walked out about 20 minutes into it. I have to give them credit for doing it unless of course they headed straight to their lawyer. DEFINITELY not a family oriented movie.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Watched it this afternoon and loved it. Did anyone catch the Hardcore Henry preview? Seems like an interesting concept,first person movie the whole time. Also 10 Cloverfield Lane seems interesting. No do not take any kids, very violent, lots of cussing and nudity/sex montage.

I imagine that it will play well to people who love FPS but it made me dizzy.

The movie was awesome though. I am glad they didn't try to tone down Deadpool for the masses.

I caught that preview of Hardcore Henry. Both my son and I were immediately not liking what it was doing to our eyes/stomachs. The whole first person shooter on a huge screen (will be worse on a big D/IMAX type) without being able to have a constant non moving point of reference messes me up. I played FPS games for a long time, but not on a screen that big. The whole visual of moving without the sensation of moving on a big screen would just make for a couple of hours of motion sickness for me.

Deadpool was well done. I'll have to watch it again to try and catch everything. First showing of the day, 11 AM on a Sunday and theater was packed, and I'm not thinking it was a bunch of folks getting Valentine's day started.

I have read that the sequel is already moving forward, and the cut scene after the credits would seem to confirm that. Excellent movie.

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    There was a Hispanic family at Traders Point AMC on Friday night with 4 kids under 12 to see Deadpool. They stayed through he whole thing, but they gave the youngest looking child (I'm guessing 6ish) a phone to play games on and kept covering his face.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    There was a Hispanic family at Traders Point AMC on Friday night with 4 kids under 12 to see Deadpool. They stayed through he whole thing, but they gave the youngest looking child (I'm guessing 6ish) a phone to play games on and kept covering his face.

Electronic babysitters. :rolleyes: At least they tried to maintain his innocence by cover his eyes.

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I caught that preview. Both my son and I were immediately not liking what it was doing to our eyes/stomachs. The whole first person shooter on a huge screen (will be worse on a big D/IMAX type) without being able to have a constant non moving point of reference messes me up. I played FPS games for a long time, but not on a screen that big. The whole visual of moving without the sensation of moving on a big screen would just make for a couple of hours of motion sickness for me.

Deadpool was well done. I'll have to watch it again to try and catch everything. First showing of the day, 11 AM on a Sunday and theater was packed, and I'm not thinking it was a bunch of folks getting Valentine's day started.

I have read that the sequel is already moving forward, and the cut scene after the credits would seem to confirm that.

Yeah, they've already started working on the script from what I understand. They've got the green light to make it happen. I'd say this weekend's box office take will confirm that as well.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    My wife really wanted to see it so we went last night. I thought it was right up there with the funniest movies I've seen lately. We both really enjoyed it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The wife and I saw it on Saturday. I think I need to see it a couple of more times. The movie is non-stop and I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I saw it yesterday, it was awesome!!!!!!

no the redband trailer is not a test to see if this movie is ok for your child! way much more "adult" than the trailer!

a "lady" with her grade school age son sat down the row from us, and I looked at my gf and said 'I bet he and his mom will be discussing deadpool during the commercial breaks on the walking dead tonight!"

people this is a "r rated comic book movie" IE lots more blood guts violence and sex than all the other marvel movies combined!

if it were me id be uncomfortable watching the "holiday flashbacks" with my child! my daughter saw it Saturday with her bf(shes 20) and loved it,I can saw it's one if the best "comic" book movies ever!....BUT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME!...idc if little billy is "mature for his age", let him watch iron man again!

and if you're stupid enough to ignore my advice, keep you mouth shut! don't start a "change.org" petition, don't write fox studios, don't go on facebook,twitter, instagram or any other social media to b!t@H about it, you've been told, you know about the movie! you're the problem!...NOT THE MOVIE!

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Some dad brought his kid, who was about the height of a five-year old, to the screening we saw.

I'm unsure on his age because the kid was wearing a full Deadpool costume. And yeah, they stayed for the whole thing.

My kid's 8, knows who Deadpool is because his appearance on Ultimate Spider-Man, but no way am I letting him see it until he's at least 16.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, to reiterate what has already been said, it's WAY dirtier than we were lead to believe. This coming from a 23 yr old male.

Amazing nonetheless. I probably missed a ton of jokes because I was laughing at the one before. Would highly recommend for adults only.

Happy international woman's day. That is all :):

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Great movie, do not take your children!

I would say 16yrs old would be the youngest, but they are your children, so do as you see fit.

(Note: I am the guy that made the mistake of taking his two nephews to see "Watchmen" when they were 10 and 16.) lol

Well, at least you know you will always be their favorite uncle. . . . Malin Akerman. :rockwoot:

Back on topic, I like Ryan Reynolds, looks I need to see this one.

Top Bottom