• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22/45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Around the loop
    Its not illegal to make a profit selling guns. It is illegal to make your living selling guns without a FFL. I don't think he's gonna buy a new house with the proceeds.

Seems to me if he's doing it for a profit it could be seen as operating without an FFL. The ATF doesn't seem to place a number on what's "too many." I have no dog in this fight but it is good to keep in mind.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Not buying for a resales but if there is one or two I don't like they might go up for trade or what not I would take the correct legal matters if need be and yeah not sure I could by a house with these,

Last edited:

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    An arsenal is where guns are made, so yeah, in this case, wrong word.

Yes you are right... (Guess it's kinda like the clip, mag thing) but then again I call some magazines clips because there are 30 40 50 round bannana clips, never heard them called bannana mags lol

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Close.
    "Engaged in the business" is the operative phrase.
    I wouldn't want to get on the he wrong side of it.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

This is exactly right. Buy them with intent to resell and you are engaged in the business as far as the ATF is concerned. Buy them and end up selling them later and you're ok. The real crux of the matter is that tricky word "intent." Once the BATFE knocks down your door and confiscates all of your guns, computers, and any cash laying around, it is up to you to prove you had no intent, and it is damn difficult to prove a negative. It can end up costing you a lot in legal fees and time just to keep from going to jail, let alone get your legally owned property back.

All I know for sure is that I would never post about buying a gun with the intent to resell it unless I had the proper ffl.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I typically do not need others' approval when deciding if a deal is good or not.
    Quick google searches of each firearm, or completed auctions on gunbroker usually tell the story.
    I would never broadcast over the internet what my intentions were either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom