• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • br2710

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Wayne County
    I found a rifle listed for $200 so I made an offer (PM) on the gun of $175. He responded within a few minutes and he wanted to know if the $175 included the gun, scope and the reloading die? I (PM) him right back and said yes, $175 for all of it. That was around 9 in the morning. I got no response and he was still online. At 2:30 I got a (PM) and it stated "I'll drop you a line later tonight. I know I can't meet tonight - but might be able to tomorrow evening." Around the same time I got the PM, he bumped the ad back to the top.
    Tonight there is a post that said it sold. I know things happen and plans change but when you say you will get back to someone have the decency to do it. If he was holding out for the full price he should have just told me. I would have probably bought it anyway. The only reason I was looking for a deer riffle so my 12 year old son could go hunting. He broke his arm 2 weeks ago and can't shoot a bow. I thought the riffle would be easier to shoot and not as much kick as a shotgun. :(

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I found a riffle listed for $200 so I made an offer (PM) on the gun of $175. He responded within a few minutes and he wanted to know if the $175 included the gun, scope and the reloading die? I (PM) him right back and said yes, $175 for all of it. That was around 9 in the morning. I got no response and he was still online. At 2:30 I got a (PM) and it stated "I'll drop you a line later tonight. I know I can't meet tonight - but might be able to tomorrow evening." Around the same time I got the PM, he bumped the ad back to the top.
    Tonight there is a post that said it sold. I know things happen and plans change but when you say you will get back to someone have the decency to do it. If he was holding out for the full price he should have just told me. I would have probably bought it anyway. The only reason I was looking for a deer riffle so my 12 year old son could go hunting. He broke his arm 2 weeks ago and can't shoot a bow. I thought the riffle would be easier to shoot and not as much kick as a shotgun. :(

1. It's a free market.

2. If you would have offered what he was asking, you more than likely would have gotten it.

3. "Rifle."

rdbs505

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    I have also experienced situations like this, esp on craigslist. I never can figure out just exactly what people are thinking when they do the whacky stuff they do. Sometimes it just seems like people want to play games/ talk/ haggle with people more than they actually want to sell something.

hiram762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    New Castle
    Most people I have dealed with onthe INGO are honest & honorable . But, It is sad that there are those that break deals or back out of deals, that have already been agreed to. What can I say: some people are scumbags that give everyone else a bad name.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ...At 2:30 I got a (PM) and it stated "I'll drop you a line later tonight. I know I can't meet tonight - but might be able to tomorrow evening." Around the same time I got the PM, he bumped the ad back to the top....
    If this is the content of the PM, then I'm led to believe it wasn't a "done deal". "I'll drop you a line later tonight" = let me think on it. Not to beat on you, but did you follow up once you saw the thread had been bumped?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i don't think you had a deal yet. he never agreed on it based on what you have posted. chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Been on both sides of this.

"Both" parties have to agree on a deal, before there is a deal. Me personally, if I am the seller, it is NOT a deal until I say, "it's yours and I will close the ad".

Now on the other side, I answered a classified for some pistol magazines with "I'll take them let me know how much to add for mailing them and where to send the money" the seller replied with "Ok cool, I'll let you know as soon as possible!"
    This drug on for on for weeks after I sent multiple PM's that went unanswered, he finally told me he no longer had them, his excuse was, "his mother threw them out in the trash" :n00b:

To me, the classifieds here is purely an honor system. You just have to hope whoever you are dealing with is honorable, and in my experience, 99.9% of the INGO'ers I have meet and dealt with are trustworthy and honorable people.

Although there is always the .01% exception.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been on both sides of this.

"Both" parties have to agree on a deal, before there is a deal. Me personally, if I am the seller, it is NOT a deal until I say, "it's yours and I will close the ad".

Now on the other side, I answered a classified for some pistol magazines with "I'll take them let me know how much to add for mailing them and where to send the money" the seller replied with "Ok cool, I'll let you know as soon as possible!"
    This drug on for on for weeks after I sent multiple PM's that went unanswered, he finally told me he no longer had them, his excuse was, "his mother threw them out in the trash" :n00b:

To me, the classifieds here is purely an honor system. You just have to hope whoever you are dealing with is honorable, and in my experience, 99.9% of the INGO'ers I have meet and dealt with are trustworthy and honorable people.

Although there is always the .01% exception.

HIS MOTHER????:laugh: This drug on for WEEKS and this was the best he could do????:laugh::laugh::laugh::n00b:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Done deal

....................................... At 2:30 I got a (PM) and it stated "I'll drop you a line later tonight. I know I can't meet tonight - but might be able to tomorrow evening." .................................

Not a done deal? Obviously we can't always count on our own interpretations but that sounds like a done deal to me. Why else would he want to meet?

History lesson: Make 'em say "deal or no deal"!

Top Bottom