Dear Fudds, if you think you can't lose your hunting gun, think again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Need to start writing your state reps asking them to support the already introduced legislation to have a constitutional convention of states.
    This is the ONLY political way we the people are going to be able to reign in the corruption and the waste in DC. We can further restrict the Congress and the president's power through this means. We only need several more states to pass this. Many already have. Congress has no choice but to obey if 2/3'rds of the states pass this. Thank you founding fathers for once again being so wise and giving us one final way to end the corruption in our republic before more drastic means become necessary.
    They knew government would become corrupt and gave us THE PEOPLE power at the state level to force Congress and the president to obey US!

What good do you honestly think that will do?

"Shall not be infringed" is the clearest, simplest, most unmistakable language in our entire constitution.

The only means is for the government to grow a respect for the people, and the power the people hold over them. Ever since the civil service was implemented, this has been more and more difficult to demonstrate in a peaceful way.

Now if we could find some constitutional means of abolishing and banning all measures that allow continuation of government behind elections, I'm sure we might actually have a peaceful solution.

In many ways this is not a matter of corruption at all. This is a matter of continuation of government in a means the founders never intended to happen. Allowing agencies and bureaucracies of unelected officials to sustain the government and run its many functions, as our representatives act as symbolic puppets and serve no real purpose.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What good do you honestly think that will do?

"Shall not be infringed" is the clearest, simplest, most unmistakable language in our entire constitution.

The only means is for the government to grow a respect for the people, and the power the people hold over them. Ever since the civil service was implemented, this has been more and more difficult to demonstrate in a peaceful way.

Now if we could find some constitutional means of abolishing and banning all measures that allow continuation of government behind elections, I'm sure we might actually have a peaceful solution.

In many ways this is not a matter of corruption at all. This is a matter of continuation of government in a means the founders never intended to happen. Allowing agencies and bureaucracies of unelected officials to sustain the government and run its many functions, as our representatives act as symbolic puppets and serve no real purpose.

I just showed the way. The states have emense power if they call a constitutional convention.im willing to try every method our founders gave us before I say enough is enough.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I make the count 31 Republican controlled state legislatures, 11 Democrat controlled state legislatures and 8 split

34 to call an Article V convention and it's at 32 now. The core dilemma is whether one can rely on state legislatures to not stab us in the back or whether it would be better to require state ratifying conventions, and that choice is made by congress and not us

38 to ratify. I think that's a high enough barrier to keep out stupid **** like single payer and gun restrictions but maybe not equal rights amendment, but what about a balanced budget amendment. It is hard to envision today's politicians voting to live within national means without a gun to their head. It's an all in strategy and by no means a sure thing with the law of unintended consequences sure to be in play. It might be like burying guns, by the time people realize they need it, it's too late

If a state legislature changes hands, can it rescind a call for an Article V convention that it has already made? There does not seem to be a Constitutional precedent or mechanism, so that alone could tie things up in the courts. If we want to go there, it will be important to swallow the distaste for Trump because he's the best shot at moving judgeships at all levels away from lefty politicos and going into 2018 fighting amongst ourselves is a sure recipe for disaster.

If this thing gets called it will consume the national attention and every trick in the book by both sides will be used to shape the outcome in some interest groups direction. Might want to reign in Facebook, Amazon and Google a little sooner ... like now

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    enemies.png

In a discussion about guns with my brother in law, the conversation went something like this:

"we're not trying to take your guns. We just want some sensible restrictions."

We can debate about the sensibility of restrictions, and that would require you to become much more knowledgeable about the subject than you are, because right now you're not qualified to debate it. I know your argument better than you do. You only have the media's straw man version of my arguments. You don't know anything about the guns you propose to ban. That at least disqualifies you from the conversation beyond just saying you'd like something done about the mass shootings. You literally have nothing legitimate to say beyond that.

But, but anyway, if you want to convince people you're not trying to take all the guns away maybe you should stop acting like it.

madvarminter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2015
    franklin
    the fudds and the people that think they dont need to speak up are the very people that need to be empowered to speak there will always be greater power with numbers
    gun haters will never stop until they disarm every one and take every thing no matter what facts and truth they are told

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I support the second amendment BUT....

a fudd is the “nobody needs an AR15.” guy. Doesn’t care about standard cap mags or bump stocks as long as he has his bolt guns and shotguns. He’s related to the “if you can’t stop em with 7 rounds....” 1911 guys.

I have to disagree with the comparison. Most of us disciples of the sainted John Moses Browning may argue with the necessity of 15 rounds as opposed to our 7, and we may run you some crap about it, but we sure as hell don't advocate banning your double-stack.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think it's been said different ways by different people.
    I think I remember something like. .
    There is no one more damaging, than someone doing it FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it's been said different ways by different people.
    I think I remember something like. .
    There is no one more damaging, than someone doing it FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

Here's my favorite right now:
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human rights. It is the argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Here's one thing that we all can do. Take a friend, a co-worker, a relative with you to shoot. Start with a .22LR and work up. Don't try to make them a "gun person", just let them experience firearms. Gently explain why firearms are part of our heritage. It may not change everyone's point of view, but it likely will change some people's.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's one thing that we all can do. Take a friend, a co-worker, a relative with you to shoot. Start with a .22LR and work up. Don't try to make them a "gun person", just let them experience firearms. Gently explain why firearms are part of our heritage. It may not change everyone's point of view, but it likely will change some people's.
    :yesway:

And it might help if you have a couple of different types of rifles that shoot 5.56/.223. Let them shoot the one that looks like a hunting rifle, then let them shoot the one they think is an assault rifle. Same round. Maybe let them shoot a higher powered hunting rifle. Right now, the more people who understand how stipid the focus is on AR-15s the better. Yes. No ****. Rifles are more powerful than pistols.

Top Bottom