• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Stopped at Gander Mountain this evening before I headed into Walmart for a few things.

I spied a used, but in VERY good shape S&W Model 59 in the used case.

2 mags
    Mag safety still intact

$349

The barrel hood looks pretty worn / rusty, but the end of the barrel where it contacts the slide doesn't look too bad at all. It's for sure been fired... All in all, it looks like a right decent pistol. And not at all a bad price.

-J-

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Stopped at Gander Mountain this evening before I headed into Walmart for a few things.

I spied a used, but in VERY good shape S&W Model 59 in the used case.

2 mags
    Mag safety still intact

$349

The barrel hood looks pretty worn / rusty, but the end of the barrel where it contacts the slide doesn't look too bad at all. It's for sure been fired... All in all, it looks like a right decent pistol. And not at all a bad price.

-J-

On of those has been there for a while and was up around $500 for a while. If it is the one I saw not too long ago.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    On of those has been there for a while and was up around $500 for a while. If it is the one I saw not too long ago.

I have no idea...I hadn't been in there in a few months. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they had one marked at $500, though. They're goofy like that.

Not bad guns, used to carry one in the 80's BG (Before Glock)

Not bad guns at all! Other than FN with the HiPower, S&W are the ones that really gave us the Wonder Nines... The M39 being the grandaddy, of course. I belive the 39 has a steel alloy frame, where as the 59 has an aluminum alloy frame.

For me, I can't get used to the ergonomics of these types of S&W autos. They just don't fit my hands very well.

I just wanted to post this up in case someone's looking to snag a right decent pistol at a decent price. Perhaps even for a Christmas present for a teenaged kid!

-J-

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I have no idea...I hadn't been in there in a few months. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they had one marked at $500, though. They're goofy like that.

Not bad guns at all! Other than FN with the HiPower, S&W are the ones that really gave us the Wonder Nines... The M39 being the grandaddy, of course. I belive the 39 has a steel alloy frame, where as the 59 has an aluminum alloy frame.

For me, I can't get used to the ergonomics of these types of S&W autos. They just don't fit my hands very well.

I just wanted to post this up in case someone's looking to snag a right decent pistol at a decent price. Perhaps even for a Christmas present for a teenaged kid!

-J-

5906 I have is stainless and is great good pistol for first pistol, I can beat the heck out of it tear it apart as far as I want and if I do tear it up too bad it's cheap to find replacement parts.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    5906 I have is stainless and is great good pistol for first pistol, I can beat the heck out of it tear it apart as far as I want and if I do tear it up too bad it's cheap to find replacement parts.

Yes, that M59 would make a fantastic first pistol.

Relatively inexpensive... Built like a tank. Replacement parts (Should they be needed), holsters, and magazines are EVERYWHERE as well

Top Bottom