• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    where are they all at? I sure can't find them in out classifieds!?:laugh: Bradis sells olympic arms for around $600 new right? MC Sports has bushmasters for around $750 the last time I looked a few weeks ago. so can someone please educate me on why I can't by a used one with 1000 rds through it for under retail? am I missing something, stupid or what? I know this is a bit of a rant but I want to find a used AR at a used price, not retail plus.:D

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Because nobody usually sells an ar15 bone stock. The first thing they do when they take it home is customize it to there liking. That costs money so people try to recoup some of their costs. Im sure if someone was selling a bone stock ar15 it would be priced well below retail. Could also be a result of the Obama price hike awhile back. People bought when prices were higher and cant afford to sell lower. Check out the equipment exchange at ar15.com , usually competition keeps the prices lower.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Are you saying that your budget for an AR is less than $600?

If that's the case, you may want to consider another platform, or go with the Olympic. I'm not sure you're going to find a complete AR, used or otherwise, for under $600. Not to mention the added cost of feeding it (ammo and magazines).

$600 would go a long way with an SKS or AK platform though.

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    not my first AR. just looking for something to abuse more than the one I have. the last one I built was priced very nice all new. dpms complete lower with six position stock $214 with tax! M1S flat top upper with 16" stainless fluted barrel, aluminum free float fore $325 out the door!(minus BCG and charging handle) I understand these are good prices, that can't always be found but it seems I could find a decent beater for fun and keep this one clean:laugh:

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I don't think looking for a nice used AR for under $600 is really realistic. The Obama scare pushed prices up drastically. Even going with bare bones builds is hard to keep under $600. The last 1500 still had relatively high prices on AR's in my mind. The other problem is that its almost an addiction. A lot of people just keep building/buying without parting with the old ones.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    You should be able to build one for around $700 if you shop around for parts. Some of the parts you may have to use aren't the greatest but I've seen Model 1 barrels shoot fine and Superior lowers accept magpul mags... Not all of them but I've seen a couple work fine :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bradis sells olympic arms for around $600 new right? MC Sports has bushmasters for around $750 the last time I looked a few weeks ago.

Just for reference:

We will have the Oly Plinker Plus at $599.95 until the 2010 guns are gone. Unfortunately, they will be going up to $629.95 once we get into the new batch we received recently. We also have the GI-16 (essentially a Plinker Plus with a collapsible stock) at $679.95.

The Bushmaster C15 superlight w/ Bushnell red dot will run you $719.95, and we will be getting some Bushmaster A1 carbines early next week that will go for $729.95.

We take in used AR-15s whenever the opportunity presents itself, but they usually don't last very long. IIRC, the last one we had was a couple weeks ago - Bushmaster M4 type, detachable carry handle, very clean, went out at $699.

HTH!

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    If cheap is what you are looking for pick up copy of Shotgun News. There are a lot of advertisers in there selling complete parts kits, minus stripped lower for $400-500. Then pick up a cheap stripped lower for $79. Just remember you get what you pay for and by the time you replace all the parts in the kit with better ones you will be back a a higher price total.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Del ton kit, $465
    Stripped lower - $70 to whatever
    Spike's has them for $100, so you could at least put one together for $565, not including shipping and tranfer fee.

I got my lower a while back for $55.

Top Bottom