Decided that I need a 18 inch shotgun in my live again, any thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    How about a 20" double barrel coach gun. Light reliable and easy to operate.

Why no double barrel 12ga "pistol shotguns"? Not black powder but ones that can take 12 gauge shotgun shells. Or even 20 gauge. I'd want at least 12" barrels on mine.

I've been wishing for one of these, too, but I don't think there's anyone making high-quality, hammer-fired double barrel shotguns currently. With short barrels, I think hammers are essential. A cock-on-close system would be pretty difficult to use with no leverage.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I say spend the money for a new Vang Comp. I know is is a bunch of dough but that shotty will last for generations! I have an older model that Hans did and it still shoots excellently. The combination of porting plus lengthening the forcing cone makes it shoot like a cat's meow even with my bad primary shoulder (3 major surgeries).

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I say spend the money for a new Vang Comp. I know is is a bunch of dough but that shotty will last for generations! I have an older model that Hans did and it still shoots excellently. The combination of porting plus lengthening the forcing cone makes it shoot like a cat's meow even with my bad primary shoulder (3 major surgeries).

I must have missed something because when I went to their website it looked like I just send them my old shotgun and they do little to it for $800

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I must have missed something because when I went to their website it looked like I just send them my old shotgun and they do little to it for $800

That is what happens, all except the 'do little to it'. Oh and there's a wait :tantrum:
    Vang Comp are the real deal and you really need to try one to fully understand.

IMHO, it's the mark of true genius/art when refinements like this are "difficult to see"

[EDIT] not that this would be my recommendation for your search, but the design and gunsmith work is top shelf.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Actually if you are on the list to be notified when there are some in the queue for sale, they will give you a head's up.

Top Bottom