• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I've been trying to decide between an M&P9c and a Glock 19 for a smaller carry pistol. I love the feel and the sights of the M&P but the trigger sucks even worse than the Glock to me. I like the size and the cheaper trigger options for the Glock but it just does not point naturally to me.

Should I relearn my grip for the Glock, or suffer the M&P trigger until I can afford an Apex trigger system?

Or should I just wait a little longer and get my first 1911?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've been trying to decide between an M&P9c and a Glock 19 for a smaller carry pistol. I love the feel and the sights of the M&P but the trigger sucks even worse than the Glock to me. I like the size and the cheaper trigger options for the Glock but it just does not point naturally to me.

Should I relearn my grip for the Glock, or suffer the M&P trigger until I can afford an Apex trigger system?

Or should I just wait a little longer and get my first 1911?

Gotta agree with the below post. My main reason I didn't go with Glock was the same as yours, it didn't point naturally for me, and the grip didn't feel right in my hand. I went with the XD9sc several years ago and love it. Thousands of rounds, not a single failure.

Have you checked out the xd9c? the trigger on that is lovely, with a semi-comparable feel to the glock

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'll second the SR9C. I have an XDm40C I picked up last fall that I like a LOT. Had I picked up my SR9C first, I'd likely have gotten the SR40C instead of the Springer, I like the SR that much.

Sorry, I know none of these are on your hit list. I've always been fond of Ruger rifles and rimfires, never gave their semi-autos much consideration until recently. Definitely my mistake, they're a lot of gun for the $$ IMO. And dang, the factory trigger on the SR9C is pretty short and crisp right out of the box, nice short reset too, and it keeps getting better every time I shoot it!

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I currently own a full-size SR9 and love it. I'm just looking for something smaller for EDC. I narrowed it down to these two mainly because of the availability of holsters, sights and any other accessory I might want.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I have a full sized m&p and the trigger is a love hate. but the glock is no better imo. they seem to be pretty comparable. Just have the weigh the positives and negatives.

If its accessories you want, I'd say get a glock, prices seem easier to find at a better price. but if its not comfortable, dont get a gun you dont wan't to shoot.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I bought a M&P9c a month or two ago and the trigger was definitely better than any of the previous M&P triggers I'd felt. I actually kind of like it, and think it is plenty good for a defensive pistol. But if you're buying on trigger feel alone then definitely go with the sr9c if you can deal with the thumb safety. The triggers on those are sweet. Kinda miss mine. I've got a xd9 tactical (5" full size) as well and I enjoy the gun but there compact models seem really chunky which is why I went for the M&P this go around for my carry piece. Glocks are decent guns but just don't do it for me and if it doesn't point naturally for you I'd stay away.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you like the M&P stick with that and invest of a trigger, if this handgun is going to be edc and can save your life with it will you considerate as an investment? . My very basic rule that I have to be as good and as comfortable as I can with the platform that I choose to be my edc due to possibly saving my life or my family, get what you think will give you all the possible advantages that you can get and practice a lot (very expensive) but if your are not willing to invest on your own life saving tools I don't know what to tell you.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    We compared the Glock 19 to the S&W M&P 9 for my wife and ultimately chose the Glock 19...for several reasons! One can always learn...

Top Bottom