• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Thank goodness NY is getting decorated veterans off the street, eh? Would not want anyone to possibly hamper their criminal enterprise by possessing objects that could be used by them or others to defend themselves...

The prosecutors office should be so proud...

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    They can't arrest criminals. Arresting honest civilians helps them get their arrest stats up and makes it appear they're keep people safe.

What ever happened to officer discretion and 'intent'?

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    A "VIOLENT felony"?!!! Are they sh!tting us?

Even if the magazines were loaded, he didn't even posses a weapon to put them in. The Journal News put more lives in danger with their map than this veteran and his empty mags. Why isn't their managing editor being prosecuted for a violent felony?

Oh, yeah... That whole 1st amendment thing. Funny how the state of New York doesn't seem to remember what the next one says.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    That is just sad... I thought there was a buffer period of like 12 months? Seems like I remember them saying...

"You have 12 months to sell all Hi-cap mags out of state"
    "You can only have a 10 round mag with 7 boolits in it"

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know why anyone would want to live in those communist states. That's a sad deal, here's a guy who's gave 12 to his country and they want to put him in jail for something that's legal anywhere people have any sense. I guess that doesn't include NY.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    That is just sad... I thought there was a buffer period of like 12 months? Seems like I remember them saying...

The answer is in the second paragraph. They already had a 10 round limit and reduced it to 7.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I think that NY maintained the 30 round mag ban after the last federal ban expired. Pre-ban rifles & 30 rounders were allowed/grandfathered. If the mags in question were produced post 1994 that could be what is causing the problem. I don't know with any level of certainty as I never intend to visit that state so I have little reason to learn about their laws.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Kristyna S. Mills, the chief assistant district attorney for Jefferson County, is prosecuting the case. “It’s against the law to possess these types of devices,” she told me in an interview Friday. “He was arrested in accordance with possession of these devices, and it’s our job to prosecute those cases that run amok of the law.”
    Run afoul suggests that he stumbled across the law.

Run amok is what the DA's office and NYS are doing.

There are tools, and there are tools. And then there is the Jefferson Co. CADA.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom