• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    1 coyote down, sex unknown, pelt condition unknown.

I just wish I had put it down with a 168 gr. bullet traveling 2500 fps instead a 3600 lb car traveling at 100 fps.

Oh well, a coyote down is a coyote down. I stopped along highway and checked out the damage. I hit him square on, perfectly centered. He killed my "Rose-Hulman" license plate and my Fraternity plate frame around it. No other damage that I can tell, I'll have to check it out better when I get home from work.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Sounds like he hated engineers! See what happens when you do that! :D

(RH 1979!)
    I doubt he was concered about The Fightin' Engineers at the time.

I don't think he even knew what was going on. It all happened so fast by the time I saw him in my headlights. When I first saw him he was just standing in the middle of my lane on 69 southbound. At first he began to run to the right, and when he was almost out of my lane he changed his mind and ran back to the left (towards the left lane/median), then when he was almost out of the lane he changed his mind again and only made it halfway back across the lane before those bright shiny things hit him really hard, knocking him over, and this big "thing" went over the top of him. This whole time he was always running forward as well (quartering away to the left or right), so he was basically zig-zagging down the highway just hoping that I'd miss him. :laugh:

Last edited:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    its progress. does anyone know if the coyote breeding season is still going or did it end.

I shot one the other day that was smoking a cig, the coyote next to her was asleep, so i'm guessing.....

My brother knocked one down out of our Goose layout blinds last weekend. That was a first!

Sure is fun to watch them try and sneak across these snow-covered fields!

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Had one in my backyard the other day, my GF called me from upstairs telling me what it was doing. By the time I got her to hang up and I loaded the Garand, it was on the neighbors side of the fence, about 250 yds off. Could have gotten it easily with my bolt rifle, but didn't want to stir up the neighbors. I think its about time to set out at night with the AR, PAQ4, night vision, and take a few down. Has to be a pack of about ten running the back of my property every other night.

At least someone controlling the population, even if it is with a vehicle. The only thing I have hit recently is a Mink, and that broke my heart, since they are so rare around here.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    look at it this way, saved a dollar on a bullet. Is it me or has the coyote pop. increased the last few years? time to remind them where they are on the food chain!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The kill is 100% confirmed. I was driving the same stretch of highway again this morning so I looked for it and saw the body just off the edge of the road. I doubt he got all the way out there by himself, a snow-plow probably helped him because as hard as he hit I doubt he even made it out of the lane.

Top Bottom