• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    last week i picked up a dedicated 22 upper off of armslist for a pretty good deal was said to be a cmmg but not sure. did cmmg use polymer uppers? there are no markings on it anywhere the only thing significantly different about this is the shell deflector is slotted like a comb and there is a metal plug in the forward assist hole. anyone know what this might be?
    20130218_161424.jpg

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    thats what im thinking but their uppers are marked on top of the rail do the chiapas use the black dog magazines? and if anyone has one do they function well?

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    My chiappa doesn't look like that its something else.
    I was impressed with the chiappa i bought for my new ar. Once we got everything freed up it worked good. It was the only one I could find at the time but in hindsight I should have bought a cmmg. It's all metal nice stuff and not much more. The chiappa looks cheap but functions well.

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    my black dog mags worked great in my chiappa

looking at the bolt though it does look identical... maybe it's a chiappa with a different polymer upper. The chiappa doesn't have a slotted deflector it has a fake forward assist and says chiappa on the bottom of the other side. whats it say on the barrel?

Last edited:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Ive been very happy with my Chiappa upper, its ran like a typewritter and the kids love shooting it..... I do too for the ammo savings.

It runs great w/ BD and the original mags (these just need to be loaded correctly).

I have less than $200 in this upper and recently built up an ATI poly lower for it and its superlight weight. For less than $400 in the complete poly rifle including full MagPul accessories its almost replaced the 10/22s.

Top Bottom