• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I have never owned a suppressor. Have looked them up for a while, but It might be time.
    What would the best dedicated 22LR example for a new guy? Want the best noise suppression but willing to bend for ease of use (cleaning) and longevity. I do not plan on trashing one to buy another.
    Seems a lot of stackable (if that’s the term) have come about. Just want one to last me a long time and be fun with both bolt and semi. I do not shoot alot, but that is a result of the lack of time I have; so hours of cleaning need not apply.

So what would you recommend? Size and weight is fair game.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    The top three silencers for rimfire are the Dead Air Mask, Rugged Oculus, and Energetic Armament Nyx. The Dead Air Mask and Rugged Oculus are both stainless steel so they are on the heavy side. The EA Nyx is titanium so it is a lot lighter than the others. The Rugged Oculus and Nyx Mod2 are both modular in length (can shoot in short or long). All three of those silencers are known for minimal first round pop (FRP) and people who own all three say they have no discernable difference in sound performance. If you are going to buy through Silencershop, I would get the Mask or Oculus because they dont carry the Nyx. If you are going to use Capitol Armory, I suggest the EA Nyx Mod1 or EA Nyx Mod2. The Mod2 is modular in length in case you want to use the shorter louder configuration at times.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Weight is not of much concern as it will be a range only option. I don’t hunt so it will not be carried.
    I would prefer quiet and ease of cleaning. I will do some research on the dead air and oculus.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Don’t have it yet but I went with the dead air mask for my first suppressor. It seemed to be the best performing in all the reviews I read and watched.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My first was a Q El Camino. Great suppression, very light and durable and as easy to clean as any other.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I got the OSS Rad 22. Only had it a while, but it's pretty effective, and comes apart easily for cleaning. Can't speak to if it's better than others... first can. I can say that having my first can, I love the hell out of it. Now I want more, and it's killing me waiting for my .30 cal Surefire SOCOM mini still in jail... lol.

Top Bottom