• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kimbercollector

Marksman
    Rating - 96.1%
    49   2   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    North East Indianapolis, IN
    I am just curious about how many here have a "trunk gun" or I guess we can also open it up to "glove box guns" "under the seat guns" etc. Basically anything that is there 24/7.

I know some people like to keep a gun in the vehicle at all times. I guess, if SHTF, they plan to use their pistol to fight their way back to their vehicle where their AK is, so that they can fight their way home. Or maybe some people don't have a CCW, but their state allows a weapon to be kept in a vehicle. Or else some people just find it comforting to have an AR or shotgun back there just in case. When people talk about trunk guns, are these city-dwellers or rural folks? I guess in the case of the latter, it makes more sense from a utility perspective, but I still don't understand it from a self-defense perspective.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Kel Tec Sub2000, 9mm carbine with 200 rounds of ammunition.

Folds up beautifully, accepts high capacity Glock magazines.

Reliable. Accurate.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Just the one the cop is carrying. You know the cop is to heavy to carry so I just put him in the trunk.
    Just one? Hmm...seems risky. I keep a 6 man SWAT team in the trunk with 2 5 year olds to keep them supplied with guns. They're like squires.
    To each his own, I guess. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Seems to me its not the best idea to keep a gun in your car at all times, what if someone breaks into your car and low and behold finds a new toy to help him on his next robbing spree. Taking that aside, you lost whatever you have spent on that gun.

But then again I tend to not keep anything valuable in my car unless I am in it.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Never really put much thought to it but now Ill think about finding maybe a mossberg 500 for cheap fix it up a little and that would do just fine.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I dont keep any type of trunk gun but if I'm in my car my pistol is with me. I'm just wondering though, what scenario would this trunk gun be used in?

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well what ever you do.make sure its well oiled barrel and all.. trunks are notorious for retaining and collecting moisture.

They are not as air tight as you would think and believe.

Many a gun have been ruined that way. The glove box might be better. Imho.

Clean and oil it semi weakly.. or make sure its a stainless barrel on a rifle.. or shot gun that would help too.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Well what ever you do.make sure its well oiled barrel and all.. trunks are notorious for retaining and collecting moisture.

They are not as air tight as you would think and believe.

Many a gun have been ruined that way. The glove box might be better. Imho.

Clean and oil it semi weakly.. or make sure its a stainless barrel on a rifle.. or shot gun that would help too.

This man speaks the truth. I once left my mosin in my toolbox and forgot about it for almost 2 months. It did not look pretty when I finally found it.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Over the yrs I have been broke into a handful of times, all in decent areas of town. I would love to keep a little sub2000 or something in my trunk, or even by my spare tire, but I just don't want to risk damage or potential theft.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have either a 9mm or .45acp handgun with me when I am in the car, but never leave them in the car unattended. I do have an extra full mag for each that usually stays in the vehicle.

Dave

Top Bottom