• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    this is the best answer I see. it all boils down to the reason he / she wants to carry at work.
    After reading half, and posting, I’m still confused as to why anyone feels off-body carry will help the situation? Sure, your lunchbox may not be searched, but I’ll tell you, if you appendix carry, your gun will pass through most, if not ALL cursory searches. Guys won’t touch other guys in front of the hips, and girls won’t either. Your lunchbox, backpack, sling bag, man purse, European carryall, are all fair game, and not personal to your dehydration tube, or channel as the case may be. On body carry is way more beneficial than a man bag or lunchbox carry.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I hate to be that guy but if he is delivering steel there might be more then a company policy to consider. Depending on where the truck goes it might also be illegal. For example the port of Indiana is a no go.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I hate to be that guy but if he is delivering steel there might be more then a company policy to consider. Depending on where the truck goes it might also be illegal. For example the port of Indiana is a no go.

Yep. This happens. There are plenty of places an average truck driver gets sent that are "posted" or "no-go". Look, no one seems to care what-so-ever about a driver's safety where they were before they got to their precious property or where we go thereafter. None of these places that want me to go in unarmed have the slightest ability to lock a firearm up at the gate. Since they don't care a whit about me and my needs or desires, I return the favor. There's no reason to look in the truck, and I don't give them one. Also, if a gate guard wants to push the issue, you're not getting in my cab or searching anything unless you're a police officer. That's the end of the discussion.

At the end of the day, driving jobs are a dime a dozen, so getting fired for something like this is of little consequence.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    After reading half, and posting, I’m still confused as to why anyone feels off-body carry will help the situation? Sure, your lunchbox may not be searched, but I’ll tell you, if you appendix carry, your gun will pass through most, if not ALL cursory searches. Guys won’t touch other guys in front of the hips, and girls won’t either. Your lunchbox, backpack, sling bag, man purse, European carryall, are all fair game, and not personal to your dehydration tube, or channel as the case may be. On body carry is way more beneficial than a man bag or lunchbox carry.

I'm assuming you're not in the industry.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have a similar situation, I carry my G42 with a TLR6 in a Desantis Nemesis in a cargo pocket and a Houston Holsters dual mag pouch in the other cargo pocket. Works well for all day carry. If I wear Khakis, the pockets are typically large enough to carry them there and no one is the wiser as they say.

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I have a friend who is looking to carry on his company's (no guns allowed) property. He thinks he wants a 380 but is there a 9mm deep conceal option for this? TYIA!

i appendix carry a glock 26 and its completely hidden. if his pants fit him well, have him look up the ulticlip (if he has to tuck his shirt in) that will allow the clip for the holster to be hidden by the belt as well

Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I really like my .380's for conceal carry. I recently picked up a Hungarian FEG R61 in .380 and so far I like it, only it's a bit crude for carry by today's new standards. But I'll tell you, it's one of the most likeable things you could ever like.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    My friend :): carries a Glock 26 with a tuckable IWB holster. 6'1", 250# (don't judge, he's big boned, ha ha). Workplace has a no gun policy with plenty of coworkers and a boss who would call him out in a second if they noticed. He has carried there for years & never had an issue.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    "deep conceal" to me is strictly pocket or ankle carry. IMO the biggest 9 you can really get away with putting in your pocket is either the PM9 or 365, .380 wise probably the glock 42. Even for ankle carry I wouldn't want to carry anything bigger than a single stack nine.

Top Bottom